looking for anyone who went to CCweston

gibbie
on 9/9/11 9:56 pm - VERO BEACH, FL
 I have my surgery date, 9/26 with Dr. Rosenthal and have some questions aboutn the hospital and surrounding area. Thanks!
Gibbie
Tenacious88
on 11/6/11 11:49 am - Fort Lauderdale, FL
VSG on 02/05/14
Hi: Gibbie
                A week ago I attended a meeting at C.C. Weston on VSG surgery. I am thinking about getting my surgery done by Dr. Rosenthal. I have only started getting information on VSG surgery about two months ago. Glad to hear you had your surgery with Dr. Rosenthal, maybe we can stay in touch during your recovery. For the last 15 years I have been a patient at the Cleveland Clinic in Weston. Two years ago I had shoulder surgery and this past summer I had hand surgery for trigger finger. I receive all my medical care at C.C. Weston. Great Clinic, Great Hospital in one of the best areas. Very interested in reading your post about your surgery and your progress. I pray you have a wonderful recovery.

Lou in Sunrise, FL

gibbie
on 11/6/11 8:55 pm - VERO BEACH, FL
 Hi Lou, 

I had a very easy surgery at CC. I was very impressed with the care I received there. It takes us 2 and a half hours to get there as we live in Vero Beach. I go back the day after Thanksgiving. The only problem I have is taking my medication which has to be crushed and some of it is like taking poison.
I was at the Palm Beach Cancer Institute a couple of weeks ago and they had The US News and World Report on hospitals in the waiting room. CCWeston is ranked #! in FL for gastroenterology.
I have lost over 60 pounds. 30 Before surgery and the rest since.

Good luck to you and keep in touch. 
Gibbie
Tenacious88
on 11/7/11 3:53 am - Fort Lauderdale, FL
VSG on 02/05/14

Hi: Gibbie
               Thank you for your quick reply. Glad to hear you're happy with the care you received at C.C. Weston. Now to some questions, have you had any complications after surgery? Would you recommend Dr. Rosenthal to others for surgery? are you getting all your post-op care at C.C.? Are you in much pain? Is walking okay? What helps you the most during this short time after surgery? A little about me, I'm 63 years young, weight 250 lbs, diabetic, high blood pressure, both knees replaced, taking lots of meds, fat but still happy. Had a terrible car accident at work in 1988, still having surgeries because of it. I am just starting to compile information about gastric surgery. Hoping to meet others in Florida that had surgery. I do know a lady that works at C.C. who had surgery with Dr. Rosenthal, but she has not shared much information with me.
Wishing you the best for a speedy recovery. Please keep me posted. Gods speed.

Lou in Sunrise, FL

gibbie
on 11/7/11 4:56 am - VERO BEACH, FL
 Hi Lou,

I did not have any complications from the surgery. I would absolutely reccommend Dr. Rosenthal. I am getting all of my post op care at CC which is a real schlep for us. The nursing care was marvelous. The nurses, as well as being attentive, seemed to do most of the gastric by-pass patients so they were well informed. I am in no pain at all. They give you patient admisistered drugs after the surgery. You push a button. I did not need pain medication at home even though they rx'd it for me.
I am 69y/o. My internest refused to give me surgical clearance because he said I'd die on the table- he's not well informed. Before they operate, you sign a permission slip for them to open you up if needed. This scared me but the fellow, there are five in bariatric surgery, told me, in his time there, they had never needed to open anyone up. It's more for a worst case situation. Don't let it scare you.
I had a lot of trouble with my knees and back prior to surgery and I feel fine now. In fact, I feel terrific. My surgery was 9/26/11.

I am happy to answer any questions you have, regards,

Gibbie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 301 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1346 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1345 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1486 views