Central Florida Beginner, which surgeon?

ErinJo9
on 5/28/13 2:59 am - Winter Garden, FL

Hi everyone. I just joined this site today. I also called my insurance this morning to make sure they cover bariatric surgery and they do (aetna). Now I'm trying to make sure I'm picking the right surgeon. I think I'm going to go with Dr. Jawad but I know there are a few other in the Orlando area and I just wanted to see if anyone has any experience with these surgeons? I know there is a bariatric program at Florida Hospital but what is that surgeon's name?

Any info on local doctors would be great, I just want to make the best informed decision possible and hope to start this process as soon as possible.

I've been reading through the forums and seriously, you all are a huge inspiration! I cannot wait to get this process started! :)

Another Fatone
on 5/28/13 6:07 am - inglis, FL
RNY on 08/28/13

Dr Keith Kim - everyone loves the guy. He has the world record for robotic assisted bariatric surgery with 1,000+.

ErinJo9
on 5/28/13 8:08 am - Winter Garden, FL

awesome, thank you!

snowiekate
on 6/6/13 8:27 am - FL

I just had surgery with Dr. Radecke at Riverside Surgical Weightloss in Sebastian - that is a little farther away, but I have been very impressed with the doctor, his staff, and the facility at Sebastian Medical.

Originally, I was planning for Dr. Kim at Celebration, but after several weeks of no return phone calls or emails, I crossed that center off my list!

Katie K.
on 7/8/13 10:21 am - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13

Dr. Keith Kim in Celebration! I love him! He and his staff are unbelievably awesome. It was the best experience I've ever had. Sorry this is so late. I never check the local board.

mandylu
on 7/13/13 9:56 am - Newport, TN
RNY on 09/24/13

.  I just saw your post....I am using Dr Jawad and he and his staff are wonderful.  He won me over at his seminar.  He spent almost 2 hours talking with everyone and explaining the surgery in great detail.  I was going to use Dr Kim but I have heard he is very hard to get calls back from.  I want someone *****sponds quickly and so far everytime I have called Dr Jawad's office I have spoke with the person I needed, never had to wait to be called back.  Feel free to message me whenever you like.kiss

bluesfan
on 7/14/13 4:30 pm - FL
RNY on 07/08/13

I just had my surgery with Dr Kim last Monday July 8th. I had been waiting for the surgery quite awhile ( 18 months) due to having a total hip replacement earlier. Dr Kim's expertise, coupled with a superb nursing staff at Celebration Hospital made my experience totally outstanding.

bluesfan
on 7/14/13 4:31 pm - FL
RNY on 07/08/13

Dr Kim was "THE MAN" for me

ErinJo9
on 7/15/13 12:12 pm - Winter Garden, FL

Thanks everyone for the information! After attending Dr. Kim's seminar I found out my insurance won't cover surgery with him and the only one in Central Florida they will cover is Dr. Jawad. I went to his seminar and it was just okay...nothing like Dr. Kim's. I did meet with Jawad once for a few minutes and he really didn't say anything to me. I'm hoping the rest of the process goes better because he's my only option at this point. I do however feel much better because everyone seems to love him! Dr. Jawad did get a little annoyed with me at his seminar because I already knew about his g-tube placements so I asked him about it. He said that was "his secret" and since then no one has mentioned it to me...to inform me as a patient. At what point did he tell you guys? I know a g-tube isn't a big deal to most and I will deal with with it but my 2 year old son has one which I cannot stand so it's a little annoying. But...if my little boy can go through all of this then so can I. Plus it's to help you be healthier so I'll live :) 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 311 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1359 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1356 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1498 views