New to.. everything!

lorielleftw
on 1/9/15 8:29 am

Hi there! Just wanted to give a quick hello :) After about a year, I've decided to take the steps to begin the WLS journey. My first appointment is in February and I'm seeing Dr. Bass in Fort Myers. Nervous but super hopeful!

Hope everyone has a great weekend! 

Nicole

lynnc99
on 1/10/15 3:11 am

Hi Nicole! We are neighbors - I am down in Naples. I had RNY surgery in 2009 in PA but am transferring my records to Dr. Bass for follow ups. No complications for me and I wish you all the best!

lorielleftw
on 1/16/15 4:16 am

Awesome! Happy to hear you haven't had any problems! :) I was considering sleeve, but the more I read about how it can make an already bad acid reflux problem worse.. well, I think I may be leaning towards RNY now!

shortandsweet
on 1/16/15 1:58 am

Hi Nicole! I'm near Tampa, and also at the beginning of my journey! I have my first appt. with my surgeon later this month. And I feel exactly the same - nervous and excited at the same time!

HW: 314

CW: 305

GW: 150

lorielleftw
on 1/16/15 4:17 am

Nice to meet you! I am so eager to get the first appointment over with haha! I am tempted to call the office and ask if they get any earlier openings if they can change mine lol!

Sammy2929
on 11/3/15 3:20 pm
VSG on 05/02/16

Hi Nicole. I am new to everything also. Had thought about surgery for years and a couple attempts thru my insurance said no. I got the go ahead and had my first consult in Oct. since then it has been setting up numerous appts.with numerous doctors that the surgeon requires such as heart, pulmonary, 6 scheduled visits with my primary Doctor, nutritionist, psych evaluation, gastroentologist and blood work. Thank god I have the 6 month wait to get it all accomplished. At least every time I scratch one off my list I'll be one step closer to my April 20, 2016 surgery date. Best of luck to us both!!

Lynn

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 311 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1359 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1356 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1498 views