Friday Roll Call

berts4
on 10/7/11 1:17 am - Rock City, IL
Happy Friday Everyone!!!!!

I'm B-A-A-A-C-K!!!!  I have been very busy since returning to work and apologize for not checking in sooner.

I have not had time to read all that happened while I was away, but it looks like we have NEW FACES!!!!!  YIPPEE!!!  Welcome, welcome, welcome!!!!  So glad to have you here and hope y'all stick around so we can get to know you!

Vacation was good in the sense that I was not here. 

I LOVE Nawlin's and we walked and walked and walked all over showing the city to our friends and family that had never been there.  We DID stop by Nancy's niece's shop, but she was not in and we did not get back that way.  She has some beatiful things there.

The night before we were to board the ship, Todd came down with the worst sinus/cold issue that I have ever seen him have.  He is finally getting over it, I hope.  I also came down with a very nasty UTI and had to go directly to the Medical Center on the ship as soon as I boarded.  So, we were aquite the pair.

We still had fun and enjoyed exploring Progresso, Mexico and the Dolphin Experience in Cozumel was awesome........totally worth the trip.  I am now tan and relaxed and hope to stay that way.  I am REALLY trying to not let the stress of this place get to me.......wish me luck!

Everyone have a splendid day and weekend!

Tell someone that you love them!
Dawn
253/223/167/127
HW/SW/CW/GW

georgie3772
on 10/7/11 1:31 am - Manteno, IL
Good Morning Dawn,  and IL!

Dawn, nice to see you.  Will be looking for trip details and pics on FB!  Glad you had a nice time.  Try not to stress out at work..  Did the "relatives" actually leave?

Not much going on here.  Looking forward to leaving today at noon, on the trade off though, I'm going to see my Dr. for a fill.  We'll see how that goes!  LOL

Looking fwd to another NICE weekend.  Going over to a friend's in Morris and showing her how to work with her new computer.  She has limited experience and I'm fairly good, so hope to be able to help her.

I'm going to stir up another light bulb storm.  Based on comments I need a 200 W bulb for one of my family room lamps that I like really bright.  It is one of those torch lights.  SO went to Wall mart and spent ELEVEN dollars on a comparable 200W bulb.  3800 something "lumens"  Thinking that should work.  IT WAS AWFUL.  the 100 WATT bulb I had in to fill in was brighter than the 200/$11 bulb.  It is GOING BACK.  I wouldn't care if it lasted forever.  The aggravation of how DIM it s would drive me nuts!!  So, I really just don't get it.  Oh well.  When I find the 200 W incandescent ones, I'm buying all I can put my hands on!

Everyone have a great day and weekend.

Georgie

berts4
on 10/7/11 1:41 am - Rock City, IL
Yes, the two relatives that wree let go are now gone.  Still more here though.

As for the light bulbs........if you are getting the florescent replacements, you have to look at the COLOR of the light.  The first time I bought them, I thought they were all the same and they were very dim and yellow.  I HATED them!  Someone told me about the color of the light and the last time I bought them I got "Bright White" (or something like that) and MAN, they are almost TOO bright for the application.  My dining room is now VERY lit up!

Dawn
253/223/167/127
HW/SW/CW/GW

georgie3772
on 10/7/11 1:44 am - Manteno, IL
It's all too complicate for me!  LOL.  There was one choice for the 200 W variety, and I'm thinking it was GE.  I don't recall seeing a color option, but I'll look again. Thanks for the info.  "almost too bright" would be good for me!!!

Kristi U.
on 10/7/11 1:48 am - Mark, IL
Checking in again. yesterday was a very nice day, it just went by way to fast. Got my eliptical time in today, gotta get a walk in yet, and maybe work in my flower beds some,
Its back to work tomorrow and sunday, but then off mon and tues, hopefully this beautiful fall weather last a little longer.

Woke up to a phone call about a train derailment close by, its about 20 miles from here, omg, the pics are unreal from it.

Horseback riding went well, my rearend isnt even that sore, must be getting used to it. Hopefully i go again this evening, my daughter is out of school today and her and a friend are out riding all day, to be young again. ),

Went out last night, stuck to Miller 64 beer, and a few shots, no weight gain today, thank goodness, will see what tomorrow brings, I guess indulging once every few weeks is not too bad. Had a really good time though.

everyone, enjoy the day
crystal M.
on 10/7/11 4:12 am - Joliet, IL
Hello everyone

Welcome back Dawn!!!  I'm glad it was a great trip for you.  How was the cruise ship.  Any bad experiences?  I always wondered if a cruise would be a bad idea. 

Tonight I have Amanda's surprise party.  There will wine and snacks...I'm not much a a wine drinker.  I will bring my own water with me.  But I'm excited for Amanda's party.  Then Sunday I am making her a birthday dinner and they are coming over to celebrate.  I am making eggplant Parmesan for veggie eaters and chicken Parmesan for carnivores.  I'm also making toasted ravioli.  But I'm still not sure what to make for dessert...hmmm.  She loves chocolate.  So It needs to be something chocolate...any ideas???

So those are my plans for the next couple of days in a nutshell.  Birthday...birthday and more birthday...hahaha.  I'm loving it. 

Well I gots to go...lunch is over.  See ya. 
berts4
on 10/8/11 1:00 am - Rock City, IL
The cruise ship was ok.  I don't know that I would do it again, but it was ok.  I felt like I was on a strict schedule and there were no clocks so it was a bit disconcerting.  I disliked the feeling of having to follow a "schedule".  I prefer to vacation and relax doing things at my own pace.

The food was also just "OK".  Not "fabulous" like I have heard.  The buffet was about like Golden Corral, nothing spectacular.  The dining room had the same food, just plated fancier.  The only thing available 24 hours a day was pizza and soft serve ice cream, which I didn't eat at all.  I had room service one morning and they gave me full caf coffee instead of the decaf I had ordered.....took me a while to figure out why I felt so strange and jittery.

We did enjoy a comedy show and their version of "The Newlywed Game" was hilarrious.

Now, we were on an older, smaller ship (Carnival Ecstacy)....maybe the bigger, fancier ones are better.

That all said, the dolphins were totally worth all of it!  There was a small problem with an oversized life jacket that had me feeling like a bobber on a fishing line, but once that was take care of, it was awesome.

Dawn
253/223/167/127
HW/SW/CW/GW

Nancy G.
on 10/7/11 5:08 am - La Salle, IL
 Good Afternoon Everyone!

I am taking the day off today and really enjoying myself.  When I awoke this morning, my back was still really hurting. -- All from sitting an extra half hour before a break.    So I called in sick and I am nursing it today.  

I am getting ready to go out and scout for some fall decorations.  I need some new ones.  Menards always has cute ones so that will be my first stop.  Other than that, I am catching up doing stuff that I have put off doing.  

Dawn, It sounds like you had a good time on your vacation despite both you and Todd getting sick.  What a bummer!  I am anxious to hear about your trip.  

Georgie, I hope you find a light bulb you like.  It should not be so darned complicated to get one.  I have to agree that I can spend hours in the store staring at all the choices.  It should not be that hard.  Do you have a lighting store that you can go to and ask for help?  By me we have Springfield Electric.  They would sell bulbs and know the products.  

Kristi,
that train derailment sounds really nasty.  It made the national news on the internet.  That is where I found out about it.  Glad you had fun yesterday. Don't work too hard over the weekend.

Crystal, Have fun ay Amanda's party and be sure to tell her Happy Birthday!  I am so happy that you are able to spend it with her! 

Don, -- not many more days!  You know you are doing the right thing.  My family was more nervous than me!  Keep in that zen!  

Everyone have a great weekend!

Cat Lady

Lisa Tucker
on 10/7/11 7:41 am - Streator, IL
Revision on 04/19/13
Good Afternoon,

Dawn, I am so glad you enjoyed yourself on the cruise. We love them. Our next one is in April. to the Carribbian again. With 60 of Huberts classmates from high school.

Crystal, enjoy your weekend. I know you will have fun tonight.

Kristi, It sounds like you have been having a great week. I heard that this weather is to stay nice until at least Wed.

Georgie, When you find the regular lightbulbs, buy several. Hubbie told me that he read where they are going to gone in a year or so, then we will have to use those screwy things.

Nancy, Don't let the job get to you. Make sure you get the breaks you need.

Don, you are getting close. A few days and you will be a loser.

I had a 40 hour week this week. No wonder I am tired. We will see what next week brings.

Tomorrow I am going to Utica for a Green Festival.Not sure what it all is, but I am sure it will be interesting. We aren't going on Sunday for Burgoo, to crowded.

Have a great evening,

Hugs

Lisa.

(deactivated member)
on 10/7/11 12:24 pm
2 days and a wake up!  (check out my blog)

I just finished sending a nice note to my insurance coordinator that really guided me thought this process to approval on the fist try.  She even helped me get it done a month sooner than the MD working my WLM program thought was possible.  

Soon and I'm ready in a ZEN kinda way. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1094 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5617 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5359 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5391 views
Thursday Roll Call