Helicobacter pylori

kathy L.
on 10/12/12 8:49 am - Fox Lake, IL
I am post op May 2011.  I just found out that i have a stomach bacteria helicobacter pylori. can any tell me if u have ever gotta this bacteria and was were ur symptoms were....
Phatchick
on 10/12/12 12:19 pm - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12
 Hi Kathy,

H-Pylori is a bacteria that can cause ulcers. My mom had it and she suffered from pain when she ate and she had terrible heart-burn. She had to take Nexxium twice a day for 21 days to get rid of it. 

My mom was not a WLS patient. I do not know if the surgery causes us to be prone to get this. i doubt it since it is a bacterial thing. 

I take probiotics to prevent and fight bad flora. You might want to talk to your health provider about it.

Best,

Sharon

DixiePop
on 10/24/12 3:02 am - Murphysboro, IL
 I was diagnosed with this just last Friday. Im 5 1/2 yrs post op gastric bypass .... have severe pain, heartburn, fatigue, cant sleep, cant eat , very bad nausea. Dr put me on 2 antibiotics and antacids for 2 weeks. He said it could take up to two weeks for symptoms to go away and up to 2 months to kill the bacteria. Its a MISERABLE thing to go thru :( Hope u get to feeling bettter if ur not already. I see im a lil late with an answer, sorry :(

Dixie Lee 

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1089 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5612 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5355 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5386 views
Thursday Roll Call