Monday Roll Call

sjweiser
on 12/2/12 3:19 pm

Good Morning OH friends,

Well have been busy with work. I am still working 6-days a week. Well today I am going to Jewel then off to Whole Foods. then in the afternoon I have an doctor appt: with my rheumy doctor. Then when I get home I am just going to chill out.

I hope everyone has a nice day.

Steven

Lisa Tucker
on 12/2/12 8:27 pm - Streator, IL
Revision on 04/19/13

Good Morning Steven and Everyone.

I had a good day yesterday. I made some truffles, wrapped some presents, watched some tv, and went to dinner with Monica, Scott and Morgan. Plus it was nice out. Can't ask for anything better.

I am going to Ace this morning and getting paint for the new peice that Hubert is building. Fingers and toes crossed that it will be done for Xmas.

Steven, even having to go to the dr, enjoy your day off.

Have a great day,

Hugs

Lisa

crystal M.
on 12/2/12 8:41 pm - Joliet, IL

Hello everyone

Well I had success yesterday.  Nothing derailed my day and I got my hubcap back on.  This time with no problem.  I noticed I have bruises on my knees...probably from kneeling on the pavement when I was changing my tire.  It didn't hurt when I was doing it...I wonder why I have bruises?  Wow you know you are getting old when kneeling gives you bruises!!!

I forgot to mention that I lost 3 more lbs.  I don't know why I forget to mention these things.  But the weight loss is moving along.  I have increased the tension on the elliptical.  That way I am also getting lower body strengthening while I get my cardio in.  But the extra tension has kicked my butt lately!!!  And when I get off the machine my butt muscles are screaming!!!  That's a good thing. 

Today, is just working and working out....

Lisa- what piece is Hubert working on??? 

Time to finish getting ready...enjoy the weather...see ya later...bye

Phatchick
on 12/2/12 9:12 pm - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Screaming butt muscles .....LOL. I have screaming obliques. Girl, we are going to be gorgeous next summer!!!Sharon

Lisa Tucker
on 12/2/12 10:23 pm - Streator, IL
Revision on 04/19/13

Crystal, He is building a hutch and cabinets in the dining room, and has incorparated the old buffet into it. As soon as it is done, pictures will be posted.

LISA

Phatchick
on 12/2/12 9:10 pm - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Hi Steven, Hi IL,

I forgot to turn the heat on last night and cannot believe we slept with no heat in December. That's a first. I heard it could be 70 today in Kankakee. OMG!

My one hour lunch with Katie my daughter yesterday turned into a 4 hour lunch. Time just flew and before I knew it it was dark outside. It was like old times and I was so happy. God blessed me.

Crystal, you are doing amazing on your weight loss journey. Beating that tire probably burned 500 calories alone. LOL.

Yes, Lisa, what is your hubby making that you had to buy paint?

Steven, it sounds like you have a busy Monday.

I am about to leave for my aerobics class and then I am heading home to finish my holiday baking that I started last Saturday morning.

Everyone have a great day.

Sharon

Nancy G.
on 12/2/12 9:33 pm - La Salle, IL

Sharon

I slept with no heat and 2 windows open.  Both the cats and I loved it! 

Cat Lady

Lisa Tucker
on 12/2/12 10:25 pm - Streator, IL
Revision on 04/19/13

Sharon, isn't it nice when daughters become friends as well. I know, I have 2 of them.

LISA

ChristineB
on 12/2/12 9:12 pm - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL

We had a fantastic time in the Loop. We ask for a certain room corner of the Holiday Mart because we like to watch the street activity down below or should I say that we like to watch the trains going in and out of Union & Ogilvie train stations and watch the activity on the Chgo River. Yes, there is activity on the river even at this time of year. There still are tours, water taxis, Chgo FD boats and there must be a long boat rowing club because we saw a lot of those boats on Saturday morning. I like to look at the tall condo buildings also at night when you can see into them and see how the rich people live. I always take a little pair of traveling binoculars to look around. I am having difficulty with food still after the surgery as my eyes are too big for my belly and I pay the price with pain and other things I will not go into. Sometimes it happens to me even with eating or drinking tiny amounts. I am not sure if my stoma can be scaring over due to them disrupting that whole area or not. I have support group this Thursday and it is the holiday party and both of the docs are always there for that event. I need to have them look at one of the incisions as it is oozing a lot and a suture worked its way out and I needed to snip it.

We have a Christmas concert at the Sears Center tomorrow night and then on Friday we are going back to see the play Little Women with my niece and her 3 kids. We have really gotten into buying old classic movies like Little Women, Father of the Bride (original), Anna Karenina, Pride and Prejudice . . . and I bought Little Women in hard cover to first read again and then display on our book shelves in the living room. We first check to see if the library has the DVD and if they do not then I buy it. They did have Little Women but it was the remake with Susan Surandine (sp?). That was done really well but I love the original with Liz Taylor from the late '40's.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

Nancy G.
on 12/2/12 9:24 pm - La Salle, IL

Good Morning Everyone!

Steven, enjoy your day off!  You mentioned your visit to your doctor, is your RA under control?  I understand that is very painful.  I hope you are able to manage it.  It makes it easier to deal with. 

Lisa, you are an ambitious little elf.  So many projects.  Enjoy them!

Crystal, I am concerned on your bruising.  How are your iron levels or your red blood count, and are you anemic?  Bruising easily is a sign of anemia. Congrats on beating that tire however, that would have been a perfect time to ask the hot guy for help.

Sharon, I am so happy for you that you got a long visit with your daughter yesterday.  I know those are very special.  I hope they continue.

My weekend flew by.  Without Rick I had to do everything and I really missed him!  Also I had to make time to go visit him in the hospital.  I was on the run Saturday all day.  Beemer got groomed, I got the shopping done and then I went to buy Christmas decorations.  Friday I took Rick a GIANT stocking filled with silly stuff.  He was bored so I got him some games etc.  He is doing much better and gets to come home today!    I cant wait and neither can the cats.  Poor Mitzi has made Rick her daddy and her own person and without him she has been totally lost. 

Yesterday, I caught up on sleep and then some.  I slept until 2 pm.    I have been exhausted and still fighting this bug.  Still am hoarse.  Such fun  NOT! 

Everyone have a great day!

Cat Lady

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1103 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5625 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5368 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5395 views