I am back,

Janet H.
on 3/6/13 3:32 am - Golden Valley, AZ

Hi everyone, for the ones that remember me, I am here and need help, I have gained 66lbs, of the 207 I had lost, I am now 5 yrs out and out of control with my eating. Right now I am drinking only protein and meal replacement, today is day 3, I am doing this for a week in hope to reset my body, and mine, I am very upset with my self for letting me gain this weight back,  so I am here now for support,  I need to find a support group closed to home, but not having any luck with that. so what has been going on with me over the years, 3 years ago, I found a job with the company  I had once worked with, I moved up from care giver, to director of my own house in JVL, Had knee replacement, and when I went back to work I was let go, (downsizing) is their story, so for the past year I have been sitting at home taking care of my two youngest grandsons, age 2 and 6. I do have a interview tomorrow in JVL for a job working with mentally disable adults, I do hope that I get this job, as i feel that my being home all the time has not help me to keep off the weight. Well that is what is going on here, I will close for now, everyone take care, and I want  welcome all of the new people to OH.

Wish me luck.

Success begins with wise choices I make,I will not let noncompliance be my mistake, The surgery I had was to assist me in changes. My compliance is for a success long range, So I will think before I decide to cheat. Remember the goals I want to meet. For this surgery is not something I was force to do It was what I wanted for a healthy life!       

Lisa Tucker
on 3/6/13 4:43 am - Streator, IL
Revision on 04/19/13

Janet, For whatever reason you came back, you know that we are delighted to see you. I for one have missed you.

You know we are her to assist you in any kind of support we can give you.

I am in the process of getting a revision, from lapband to gastric. I was having problems vomiting everytime I ate or drank something. Dr. G openened me up (the band) in April. I had to wait until January to get on medicare and supplements before I was able to try. Now having my last 2 appointments before I can schudule it.

I knew you had been working, and also that you weren't.  That shouldn't of happened.

Anyway, welcome home.

Huggers,

LISA

Janet H.
on 3/6/13 10:12 pm - Golden Valley, AZ

Hi Lisa, I am sorry to hear you have been having problems with the band, hopefully you can get the gastric soon, and everything will go good for you. I  have been lucky I guess as I have not had any problems with my surgery, I know that there are people that were not so lucky.I mss our little parties we use to have, it was always nice to see everyone, Hey maybe this summer we can do something.

Success begins with wise choices I make,I will not let noncompliance be my mistake, The surgery I had was to assist me in changes. My compliance is for a success long range, So I will think before I decide to cheat. Remember the goals I want to meet. For this surgery is not something I was force to do It was what I wanted for a healthy life!       

birder I.
on 3/6/13 4:59 am - Rockford, IL

Hi Janet,

Maybe we should get the Rockford group going again. I had a revision to RNY in Oct 2011 and six months of complications but now I am doing fine. I get the Madison support group every second or third month and fine it helpful. May be we could all go together up there also(even if you didn't have surgery there).There are also OA groups here and I found those really helpful to me over the years. It's a great way to live!

Welcome back!

Connie

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/gay_lesbian_bisexual_transgender/

Janet H.
on 3/6/13 10:43 pm - Golden Valley, AZ

Hey Connie, How is retirement going?

Yes I think a Rockford group would be great, and as for Madison  support group, I would love to go, let me know and maybe a few of us can car pool up there.

Glad to hear you are doing better now, So you had problems after the RNY surgery,  Were you not happy with the band?

Have you reached you goal yet? 

take care

crystal M.
on 3/6/13 8:01 am - Joliet, IL

Welcome back!!!

I remember you.  I do hope we can help you and of course we will support you. 

Hey we can always start a daily meal check in...it can be a way to be accountable to each other.  I can always use that...I live by myself and its very easy to cheat and pretend it didn't happen because I have no one to be accountable to.  I can start it tomorrow morning and we can check in every meal or at the end of the day and just talk about what we ate.  If we cheated we can talk about it.  How does that sound to everyone???

Of course you can always get about and move....me and Sharon are the big exercisers in the group.  And I see that you have knew problems...but you go on a bike???  We can always encourage each other in that way too!!! 

Well any way it's nice to see you back.   

Janet H.
on 3/6/13 10:18 pm - Golden Valley, AZ

Crystal, Nice to hear from you, I like the Ideal about checking in with what you have eaten through out the day, this will help keep us on track, me anyway, My knee replacement was a year ago Last Dec. and I have no problems with it, I love my new knee.

I do get out and walk when I can, when this weather clears up, I will be out more,

I know that exercise is the key to keeping the weight off, that was my problem in the first place, I was to my goal weight, and did not have time or make time for me. I know that this time, it is all about me,

Nancy G.
on 3/6/13 10:19 am - La Salle, IL

Hi Janet,

Welcome back!  It is good to hear from you again.  I think about you every now and then.  You have really been through the wringer and then some in the last few years.  

I hope your knee replacement was a successful as mine was.  I love my new knees.  As for downsizing, I sure do understand.  I have been there and done that twice and it is no fun at all.  

Right now I work at Office Max, totally out of my field and they are now in the process of merging with Office Depot.  So I may face downsizing #3.  

That scale creepage is the devil.  I have been thinking of a revision.  

We will be glad to provide all the support that you need.  

I do hope you are enjoying the time with your grandkids.  Sometimes a break is a nice breath of fresh air.  My fingers are crossed and sending you good vibes for your interview tomorrow!  Good luck!  

Cat Lady

Janet H.
on 3/6/13 10:28 pm - Golden Valley, AZ

Thanks Nancy for the welcome, I too love my knee, Not too sure if I would want to have the other one done, the pain was unreal, my Left knee is bad per XRAYS, but I do not have the pain yet as I did with the right one. So for now I will leave it alone,

I now about the scale, sometimes it can be your friend and other time you worst enemy,  

So you too are thinking about a revision, If I remember right you have the band, I have heard that more and more people are not pleased with the results of the band. I this your case? 

Office Max,   I dont think I could do that kind of  job, working with the public like that I give you credit.

Phatchick
on 3/6/13 9:05 pm - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Hi Janet,

Welcome back. I have been coming to this forum since April when I had my Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy. I have lost almost 120 lbs total including pre-surgery weight loss. I have had a major stall since Christmas because I have cut way back on the protein and added carbs on the advice of my gastrenterologist due to some issues I continue to have.I still need to lose 85 more lbs. I am committed to working out and that has been a new change for me that I truly enjoy.

I am a married, 55 y/o female and live in Lockport. 

Losing 207 lbs is so impressive. I admire anyone who can lose that much weight. I am hoping we can support each other on this journey.

Hugs,

Sharon

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1102 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5624 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5367 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5395 views