Sunday roll call

birder I.
on 5/11/14 1:38 am - Rockford, IL

Good morning on this beautiful Mother's Day!

To all of you who are mothers--hats off to you! It's the hardest job in the world whether or not you gave birth to your kids. Some of my "adopted" children have given me the most laughs! My bio children are each a hoot in their own way and have been a real adventure.

We had a friend go with us to the store yesterday and change some light bulbs and lower some shelves so we can reach them. He is both tall and good at fixing things. We are really blessed to have good friends! His wife is helping me with the computer sales things, so we had a productive day. We have some shopping to do later, but Kay is out in the garden, weeding. Just a typical Sunday for us.

I certainly am getting more steps on my fitbit than usual. That's really good for me and I get more exercise without being aware of it. That works!

I hope each of you has a lovely day doing just what brings you joy!

Connie

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/gay_lesbian_bisexual_transgender/

Phatchick
on 5/11/14 4:36 am - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Happy Mother's Day My Dear Friends,

Today was a miracle from God. My daughter, her family, my husband and I sat in a church pew together. It has been 5 years since this has occured. To say I am feeling blessed in an understatement.

I am now helping my hubby prepare dinner for his mom and dad and sisters for Mother's Day. He has been cooking for 2 days and I know he is so proud to be able to do this for his parents. After we load up his car,  I am going to do NOTHING today and I am very happy.

Nancy, it's funny how we have these feelings/emotions right below the surface and dont even know they are there until wham, we see a pic or hear a story and we lose it. Blessings for you today as you remember your mom.

Connie, I washed and dried my fitbit in the machine by accident. I really need to get another one. It is the best way for me to know I am doing what I should be doing.

Lisa, I know you are going to love sleeping in your bed again. Welcome home soon.

Jason, congrats on passing your photography class. Learning new things is fun as we growm more mature. I love learning new stuff not because I have to but because I want to.

Crystal, I know you miss your baby on this Mother's Day. It is a testament to you, that she is a world away today helping others.

Dawn, Happy Mother's Day. I know today you are somewhere just being happy. I am so tickled for you.

To all my friends who are mothers, who have mothers, who lost mothers....my heart is with you this day.

Blessings!

Sharon

crystal M.
on 5/11/14 6:58 am - Joliet, IL

Sharon-  You sound so happy and at peace with your life now.  It's wonderful. 

I haven't forgot about that church meeting tomorrow.  I really would like to go.

Phatchick
on 5/11/14 8:25 am - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

http://www.judsonchurchjoliet.com/celebrate-recovery

I will be there by 6:45p if you come :)))))))

crystal M.
on 5/11/14 6:51 am, edited 5/11/14 6:52 am - Joliet, IL

Hello everyone

Yes I am having a very boring day.  I have nothing to do.  I have all my cleaning done, errands done, I even have dinner in the oven (I decided to make shepards pie).  I need a project or something to do so I don't have days like this.  When I was really overweight I didn't mind laying around watching TV...in fact I looked forward to it.  But now I want to do things...keep busy. 

I guess when I'm not busy I also have to WORK at keeping my mind occupied so I don't think about other things. 

I also have to make an appointment with my gyno.  There is something going on with me and I'm not sure what it is.  I'm only 42 but for some reason I'm not getting my period.  I know there is such a thing as early menopause...but could it really be that???  And NO I'm not pregnant ( I have checked so many times...at least 6...and I am guessing by now I would have some symptoms if I were).  I guess it could be stress with work and personal relationship crap.  Who knows what's going on and I don't even know if it's cause for concern.  I mean is it a big deal if you stop getting your period...this will be 3 months now. 

On the bright side I am supposed to video chat with Amanda today.  I have my new laptop and everything should work out.  My old laptop just couldn't handle it.  So this will be the first time since she left that I will actually SEE her!!!  I am excited!!! 

Well time to go check on my dinner...ya I know it's early....Oh well.  Have a Happy Mother's Day all...see ya

crystal M.
on 5/11/14 6:56 am - Joliet, IL

Connie-  Your excitement for your business is contagious.  I swear I will make it a mission to go up there and visit and check it out.  And learn to knit...one of these days!!!  I have been told its hard to teach a left hander but I do so much with my right hand. My guess is if I was taught right handed I could handle it!!!

Maybe one of get togethers can be up there!!!

birder I.
on 5/11/14 7:08 am - Rockford, IL

Crystal, knitting is actually done with both hands so being left-handed is not a problem. I hope you can come up and spend the day. The Saturday knitters are very friendly and will be glad to have you! 

Connie

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/gay_lesbian_bisexual_transgender/

Phatchick
on 5/11/14 8:23 am - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

I'm in....ROADTRIP to Rockford........YES!!!!!

carlak
on 5/12/14 10:21 am - Bradenton, FL

Me to if I'm there!!!!!

image hosting site

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1102 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5624 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5367 views