Hello all....

SweetSherri
on 12/15/11 8:17 pm - Indianapolis, IN
It's been quite awhile since I've been on OH. Shame on me I know. The people here were always my greatest resource of encouragement. I plan to change that and get my butt back here where it belongs more often!! I'd like to encourage all of the 'oldies' to get on here and post & let the newbies here know that we are there for them. I see several posts with questions that went unanswered. I'm sure they have the answers to those by now..and I am equally as sure that there will be many more new questions coming up...just as we had.

My weight is doing fine. I've been holding steady at 160-165 for the past 5 years. I'm finally going to the pain management center so getting relief there (yaye!). The big news is that I finally had enough and moved out & filed for a divorce this week. That will be a 300lb relief when it gets all done!

So...getting my life back on track!

Sherri

AT GOAL!!
http://www.myspace.com/sweetsherri61
Never allow someone to be your Priority while allowing yourself to be their Option......
Whenever God Closes One Door He Always Opens Another, Even Though Sometimes It's Hell in the Hallway...
(deactivated member)
on 12/17/11 10:04 pm
Hi Sherry
Ive not been on in a while either, miss seeing everyone on here, hopefully I will do better this coming year.
Merry Christmas and Happy New year to all the oldies and the newbies.
jellyin
on 12/23/11 10:43 pm - Indianapolis, IN
HEY loser...I am not sure why I came to this board, i too have not been on this site in forever....your right ...we need to be here for the ones thinking about this awesome journey ....or at least for me it has been the answer....Glad your pain is under control....you have had a time of it ....But looking good...
severman
on 12/27/11 10:26 am - Indianapolis, IN
Congrats on maintaining the weight.  I'm just curious as to what pain management center you are using.   I'm currently at the Integrative Pain Center at Wishard, but am looking for a new doctor.  Any info would be greatly appreciated!

I'm 9 years post op as of today!  I unfortunately have gained due to steroids and bad eating habits, but am on the way back down.  It's been a long, difficult, and painful nine years for me.

Best of luck at getting your life on track.  I know it's not an easy decision.

Stephanie E
SweetSherri
on 1/1/12 10:06 pm - Indianapolis, IN
Stephanie,

I go through the Pain Center of Indiana on North Meridian. It's a little bit south of Dr. Price's and on the east side of the street. I'm thinking that it's ~8300 something. I go through St. Vincent surgeons but I don't know if the center is associated with just them or not. A PA has been handling all of mine so far. Dr. Cacucci wouldn't even try my on anything so I've been going by with the pain constantly increasing and not getting any help. I couldn't believe how good I felt when I had a few hours totally pain-free! I'm on a time release now. It keeps my 'constant' pain at about 2/3..it was a 4. The sudden onbursts could get 8/9  and now they are about 6. So big improvement. I'm also on some to help with those onbursts. If it gets where the meds aren't doing the trick, we'll probably be looking at steroid injections to try to stop the scar tissue growth and/or injections to deaden the nerves that the scar tissue is pressing down on. At that point, their doctors get involved I think.

Congrats on getting back on track with your weight loss. Hopefully the rest of your bosy will help with that, huh? Are your medical difficulties related to WLS? Or is there another cause. Mine was..indirectly. Because I lost 200 lb, I had plastics. I had gotten a blood clot in my leg & lung during that but was misdiagnosed as pnumonia. The 'treatment' iritated the hell out of my intestines, they twisted all up and the entire length of them were black. They induced a coma, saved the intestines, but couldn't get my abdominal wall to close so I have a mesh sewed in to protect my intestines. That sewing caused scar tissue. And that's where I am today. lol. Of course, other stuff happened in-between (strictures, ulcers, hernia's) but the coma one was the one that led up to why I have pain.

Sherri

AT GOAL!!
Never allow someone to be your Priority while allowing yourself to be their Option......
Whenever God Closes One Door He Always Opens Another, Even Though Sometimes It's Hell in the Hallway...
severman
on 1/2/12 6:54 am - Indianapolis, IN
Wow you've been through a lot!  Yes my pain is wls related.  I am overall unhealthier post op.  At least it seems like it!  I have daily abdominal pain from adhesions and what they have called Blind Loop Syndrome.  I have had about ten abdominal surgeries due to the rny.  Luckily I have been able to heal, but each time scar tissue would just grow back.  I have only been pain free for about six months out of the nine years since my original rny.  

Take care,
Stephanie
SweetSherri
on 1/2/12 11:42 am - Indianapolis, IN
Stephanie,

I'm better off now than I would had been if I hadn't had the rny. I have had enough problems and did follow my surgeon's instructions to a T so I would really advise any pre-op that problems can and do happen so don't just 'know' complications happen but ask yourself 'what if they happen to me'. No one ever believes they will happen to them...especially if they are doing all they are suppose to. Falls into the 's' happens.

I don't even want to try to count all my abdominal post-rny surgeries! LOL! I was counted as a troubled child long before my coma. I think the count is in the 25-ish range total maybe. I'd also had 23 endocopes and I think 4 colonoscopies. I even had two trips to the mayo clinic. Impressive compound! It was 2 years in December since my last surgery so I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed!

Have they tried injecting steroids directly into the scar tissue to get it to quit growing? That is what Dr. Gupta ended up doing to stop the strictures in me.

Sherri

AT GOAL!!
fish-man
on 1/2/12 10:02 am
yeah agree its been a while and glad to see u sherri and the big d wow hope that helps with some weight lost and the stress alone is gonna be alsome will  be praying for u am
nd all Marlin
 "I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, is God's bussiness.''  MICHAEL J . FOX  Catch ya later,  Marlin
SweetSherri
on 1/2/12 11:45 am - Indianapolis, IN
Thanks Marlin. I can definately use the prayers. This whole divorce business has been a real stressor to deal with. I'll be glad when it's done and I can close that chapter of my life for good.

Sherri

AT GOAL!!
grandmasue
on 1/21/12 10:34 pm - Peru, IN
So glad to see you on here again.  I have thought of you often,.  This is the first post for me in a real long time. I usually only lurk around about once a month or so.
Sue Keller seminar 271, pre-op day 246 06-2007, day of surgery 7//2007  239.5
Most Active
Recent Topics