God, this the slowest board on this site!!!!!

E. L
on 12/18/03 10:31 pm
What happen with all louisiana ?Don't you guys want to share your experinences? I hoping to have surgery -but I do not hear a lot about the Doctors in Louisiana.ho is good ,who is not....
Mary Beth V.
on 12/20/03 1:47 pm - Lafayette, La
Hi Eunice, Sorry I have not clicked on in a couple of days, but alas... My name is Beth. I live in Lafayette, and I am hoping to have WLS soon. I am hoping to have it with Dr's Borland and/or Tarantino in New Iberia. I attended two of their seminars, met them, met their patients, and heard nothing but GOOD things about them. On the other hand, I attended a seminar less than two miles from my house. When I got there, I had to walk around a dark parking lot looking for the place. Inside NOTHING was prepared. Eventually, a couple of people came and set up a table and sat down giving instructions to the few of us who were waiting. We went into a room, were weighed, and told to sit and wait for a WLS movie. The movie was a series of WLS stories. After 25 minutes I looked at my watch and was preparing to leave. Suddenly a tiny little blonde stood up, turned off the TV, introduced herself as the insurance clerk, and apologized because she did not know where the doctors were. The meeting went downhill from there. One good thing that did occur was that I bought Barbara Thompson's book. So, Eunice, I would advise you to find some seminars and attend them. That is probably your best chance to find what you need. Also, read through the profiles of the Louisiana people on this website. I have connected with some of them. They are the ultimate voice of experience. Good luck, (Mary) Beth
JOY S.
on 12/21/03 11:45 am - LAFAYETTE, LA
Hi I am Joy from Lafayette. I am hoping to have the surgery, my insurance keeps denying me. I have met and talked to Dr. Chu at Southwest Medical Center. Her and her partner are very nice. I don't remember his name, but she knows her stuff. If you anything about Blue Cross Blue Sheild please let me know. Joy
Nola E.
on 12/21/03 7:26 pm - Dry Prong, la
Hey Joy. I just joined and have an appointment for the seminar in Lafayette on January 6. I live in Alexandria. I have the Blue Cross federal employees ins. I called and asked about weight loss surgery and was told they do pay 90%. I didn't ask about the LAP specifically. I do hope they will pay for the band because that's what I want. I read some of the reports from others about Dr. Chu and the hospital and they were good reports.
Daisy C.
on 12/31/03 1:07 pm - Baton Rouge, LA
Hi Eunice, I agree, no one perticipates on the Louisiana Message Board, thats why I use this one. I am 2 weeks post op. My wls was done a Vista Surgical Hospital here in Baton Rouge. Dr Bellanger was my surgery. They were all so wonderful. Happy New Year, Daisy C.
E. L
on 12/31/03 11:00 pm
Hi Daisy, Happy New Year. Congrats on your WLS.I hope that you start losing the weight and become very healthy for years to come.. Eunice
fieryfish
on 1/13/04 3:15 am - Broussard, LA
I have had great experiences with my doctor - Dr. Borland out of New Iberia (Dr. Tarantino assisted). I have been keeping a journal on my profile, which I update every month or so. I am 13 months out and am at the point at which I will begin to have to work for the weight loss. Luckily, I discovered an exercise over the weekend that caused me to lose 5 pounds in 2 days. My family are PlayStation2 fanatics. My sister-in-law's boyfriend always goes to the arcade in the Acadiana Mall to play this game called Dance Dance Revolution (DDR), in which you have to hit certain steps on a pad on the floor at certain speeds. Well, we got it for our house this weekend ($60 for the game and pad), and play it for HOURS. It has a lot of good dance moves and you don't think about how much you are exercising because you are having fun - trying to beat other players or top your score. I now do this at least 20 minutes a day (usually more like an hour). Looks like I am moving from food addiction to DDR addiction!
KajunBlueRose
on 2/22/04 12:35 pm - Berwick, LA
Wow, You know, I was thinking the same thing about how slow Louisiana's Board is. Lets see what we can do to boost it up I had my surgery in Baton Rouge. Dr. Karl LeBlanc did mine and I went through the program called NeWeigh! An awesome program too I might add My rating on Doc on a scale from 1-10, would be a 20! But that is my personal opinion. Let us know if things are moving along for you. Have a great week ahead, Dee
Most Active