OT: Constipation? This changed my life!!

Lisa O.
on 10/5/11 1:45 am - Snoqualmie, WA
Like many of us I have been plagued by constipation since shifting to a high protein diet and not being able to eat enough natural fiber.  I've tried everything recommended by my dietician and all of you folks here on OH but I forget to take the pills, I forget to add the soluable fiber!  Another bandster from my support group recently recommended this herbal tea called "Smooth Move"  Yes, corney name, but it works great and I enjoy the tea in the evening while I'm watching my shows.  Not to sound too dramatic, but this has changed my life!  I had forgotten how much better I feel when I'm not constipated for days!

Anyway, here's the link to the makers site.  If you stuggle like me but like tea, try it!

Lisa O.

P.S.  I am not selling anything or being paid to endorse this product.  It just happens to work great for me.

http://www.traditionalmedicinals.com/smoothmove/

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

Susan K.
on 10/5/11 1:56 am - Beecher, IL
OK- maybe I can help YOU here...
I have been on certain meds for the last 5 years causing constipation
I have tried dozens of things, nothing works

what I have found ton be the best, is "Senekote"
You can find it at walgreens & it's small enough to swallow
THIS WORKS & it's NON noticeable

There is a "Senekote S" that is for medication induced constipatrion that I take, but just take the regular SENEKOTe
It works...

01/08/09 52 lbs lost in one year post op.....[email protected]
Want to make extra $$$ ? Become a Gold Canyon Candle Demonstrator ! www.mygc.com/susan or email me !

Bette B.
on 10/5/11 2:02 am
 I always recommend my purple friend, Miralax!

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

dvolumptious1
on 10/5/11 3:13 am
Thanks for the info. I usually have a problem in that area and am forced to take laxatives which leave me destroyed for an entire day at times and not being able to work out like I want to.
Lisa O.
on 10/5/11 5:26 am - Snoqualmie, WA
Start with 1 cup every other day to see how it works for you.  You can always go to 1x a day if needed.

Lisa O.

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

tripmom02
on 10/5/11 3:57 am - NJ
 I love Traditional Medicinals products, I have used their teas for years for all different issues. I am off to the store this afternoon and I think I will pick some of this up, the Miralax is not doing a thing for me and I am starting to be very uncomfortable!

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

Lisa O.
on 10/5/11 5:29 am - Snoqualmie, WA
Yes!  I love their Throat Coat tea when I have a sore throat.

How have you been?  How much weight have you lost since your revision?  You're doing great!  Everything going well?  What's the main difference that you notice between the band and VSG?

I hope you don't mind all the questions but I like to stay on top of things regarding the other surgeries for my support group.

Best~
Lisa O.

tripmom02
on 10/5/11 6:26 am - NJ
Love the Throat Coat, and I even feel comfortable giving it to my kids which is a plus. I used to drink GALLONS of Mothers Milk when I was nursing, it tasted like crap but it worked wonders LOL

I don't mind the questions at all! I have lost 34 lbs since my surgery, not as much as many others but I was considered a "lightweight" when I went in b/c I had lost so much already with my band. I am 3 lbs from onederland and I can't even believe it! Down to a size 14/16 (many of my pants that are a 16 are getting kind of baggy in the butt, but the 14s are still a little snug) and an XL shirt. I was a snug 28 and a 4/5x shirt when I started! 

I feel pretty fantastic really. 

The number one difference I have with the VSG is actually tied between two things :0) the first being that my restriction is consistent, it does not change from day to day or meal to meal. With the band I sometimes would be able to have something for lunch, and by dinner there was no way I was going to be able to eat that very same thing without getting stuck or being uncomfortable. The second is that my hunger is literally gone, I know it might come back over time but for now it is amazing to not feel hungry. I would often eat a small amount of food and feel uncomfortable with the band and know I could not eat anymore but I would still be hungry. That was hard b/c then I would end up grazing after food had passed though the band. 

Some of the other changes I have are that I get a much clearer "Done" sign then I ever did with the band, my body gives me a very clear warning that something is not going to sit right or if I have tried to eat a little to much of something. It is also much easier for me to get in the solid dense proteins that I need to stay full, and I have not really found any food intolerance's so far. 

Feel free to ask me anything, I am not shy and if it will help you with the support of others, then I am an open book!

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

Lisa O.
on 10/5/11 7:33 am - Snoqualmie, WA
Thank you Courtney!

Congratulations on your additional WL along with the other pluses that came with your revision.  That's awesome! 

Keep checking in from time to time to keep us updated.

Best~
Lisa O.

Jamie Z.
on 10/5/11 12:46 pm - MI
For added fiber try the crystal light fiber. It tastes great raspberry peach and half the calories of the metamucil drink mix
Most Active