It has been a WHILE

tiamarie
on 5/23/14 8:19 am - CA

iN 2004 I WAS BANDED..NEVER LOST ALL THE WEIGHT I WANTED BUT I GUESS ENOUGH.   3 rounds of cancer 3 surgery's, radiation.  And the band is still hanging in there.  As anyone here thought about converting to another type of weight loss surgery? 

Hislady
on 5/23/14 10:09 am - Vancouver, WA

There are alot of bandsters who have had to revise to other surgeries because of slipped bands, band damage and just plain no weight loss. I know of only 2 people who are still doing well Bette and Kate from when I started here 8 yrs. ago. I'm surprised you still have yours actually since they are only designed for 10 yrs but few make it that long. Good luck to you I hope you continue to be one of the rare ones!

pineview01
on 5/23/14 2:06 pm - Davison, MI

I have converted to the sleeve, vsg.  There are many on the revisions board converting from band to DS, RNY & VSG.  A large populations on the vsg boards are ex-banders.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Kate -True Brit
on 5/23/14 7:52 pm - UK

A lot of people do revise but you need to be sure why you haven't lost the weight. If it is that in some way the band gave you no help, wasn't enough to help you or caused physical problems, then revising might be a good idea. But if it was that you didn't work with your band, then you need to work out why; I don't know you or your history.

Bette and I may be the only long term banded people who post regularly on here but there are actually quite a lot who simply no longer post - that's not just me guessing, I know them online. I also know a lot of people IRL, although not as far back as 2004! Back to around 2006. 

Sorry to hear about all your medical issues; hope they are all now resolved.

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Most Active