Four days until the BIG one!

cflater
on 6/15/05 9:57 am - Bel Air, MD
Hi everyone. Just returned from a cruise leaving from Baltimore. It is soooooo good not to have to travel any real distance to get the ship. I highly recommend it to all. All is done except the waiting. My big day is Monday, June 20. I am not really nervous; yes, I am surprised. They will do two surgeries, one right after the other. In the midst of all the prep for the wls, they came up with thyroid cancer. I was pleasantly surprised when I asked if the two could be done together. The two surgeons work at the same hospital and even operate of the same days of the week. Amazing! Well, now I wait. Cheryl 
telsll
on 6/15/05 8:58 pm - Lusby, MD
Cheryl, best of luck! Glad that the cancer became evident and is also being dealt with. Keep us updated. I want to touch base with you after you've recovered to see who you deal with reference the cruises. Seriously considering taking one this Christmas instead of gifts to each other. The kids are getting so hard to pick for now that their older. Thought a cruise might be a good change. Take care! TraciL
cflater
on 6/16/05 9:28 am - Bel Air, MD
I love cruising! We went on a number of them and, for some reason, stopped and started going to one place or another. A few years ago, when the ships left from Balto., we got back into it. It is so easy and as embarassing as it may be, I love being waited on hand and foot. It sure doesn't happen at home. Some lines are better than others. We like Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, and Norwegian. You can't go wrong. Cheryl
fleesh61
on 6/18/05 4:09 am - Bethel Park, PA
The cruise sounds like a wonderful idea!! I love cruising!!! You'll do great in both surgeries..you have a GREAT attitude! I know the waiting....I'll raise a protein shake to you on Monday night~!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Therapist Recommendations?
marshmallowstar · 0 replies · 1857 views
Revisions
sauniee · 0 replies · 2807 views
Support
Lalaredd · 3 replies · 4022 views