Recent Posts

Izzee4
on 6/17/16 4:29 pm
Topic: RE: Foods you can't eat after gastric bypass surgery

I am CHOCOLATE nervous~   I can eat it; CERTAIN chocolate bothers me; but, I keep eating it.  NOT like before surgery - JUST - I don't think I will EVER not eat it!   I am very conscious about proteins first and eating healthy; vitamins, etc..........but -- I have to have chocolate in some form, almost every day.   Most trail mixes.   I find the CHEAP stuff isn't worth my time though.   

Also; I don't know if anyone else feels this way; but, I find I'm not sure when I'm full.   ???  Sounds weird; but; It seems like I can eat more than what I'm reading """ a few bites """   I'm losing.  But, I'm losing slowly.   That's ok with me too.  Even if it takes me over two years to get at my goal weight; I'm ok with that.   THANKFULLY - I've reached the NO MORE HAIR FALLING OUT stage.   YAY me ~   

GOOD LUCK TO US ALL!!   :)   Stay positive and healthy!   

Izzee

cici123
on 6/4/16 12:33 pm
Topic: RE: Wls friendly PCP in Maryland

Have you located a good pcp yet, one who will be supportive of your wls?   Perhaps finding one affiliated with a hospital such as Johns Hopkins where they perform weight loss surgery would be worth a try...

SOCOCHIC1014
on 5/5/16 4:59 am - Shady Side, MD
Topic: help please

Hello Everyone! 

I need HELP! I had revision from lap band to RNY in February 2016. I have not lost any weight. :( Partly I know its because i can finally eat food. 

A little history, Had my band for about 5 years and I ended up having complications including not being able to eat, everything i ate had to come back up, i also had severe acid reflux and after an endoscopy I found out that I also had major inflimation of my esophagus and stomach at top and bottom. This caused the doctor to want to do the revision ASAP.

I am currently 202 pounds. I went through a 2 week period where all I ate was fruit. I was so excited to be able to eat fruit! It had been 3 years since i could eat an apple or an orange and keep it down that i had to eat it. Now I am trying the low carb route and it has made me gain weight. I am at a loss and feel like a looser. (not in a good way...lol) 

Anyone else had this problem???

Plus on the BM side, i have found that I have blood in my stool... anyone else had this??

I am very greatful that i had the revision surgery, i just am looking for insite from people to get me on track. 

SassySteph
on 4/12/16 11:06 am - Lusby, MD
Topic: RE: Bariatric surgeon in So MD?

I had to go to Baltimore, I know there is one at Holy Cross hospital.  Do a search I know there are more options, good luck.

Brother4him
on 4/9/16 10:27 am - Waldorf, MD
Topic: Bariatric surgeon in So MD?

I am looking for a Bariatric surgeon in or very near Southern MD? I don't drive long distances so it is very hard to get to Baltimore or DC for me. I wouldn't mind coming in for visits but the last place wanted me there every month in addition to the DR visits. Any suggestions?  

__Wilkins974428534
on 4/5/16 2:59 pm, edited 7/16/17 4:33 am
SassySteph
on 2/15/16 8:41 am - Lusby, MD
Topic: RE: Nervous/Excited

So glad to see you here Cira it has been a long time, you look great!!!

A_new_beginning
on 2/14/16 8:09 pm - MD
RNY on 08/29/13
Topic: RE: Need HELP, please....

Thank you, Cira S.! :)

Surgery date: August 29th, 2013

HW: 247 lbs. Height: 5' 2"

LW: 123 lbs!

Cira S.
on 2/13/16 10:45 pm - Charles Town , WV
Topic: RE: Nervous/Excited

I remember how you are feeling.  It is a very exciting time and nerve wracking at the same time.  Wishing you all the best in your journey.  I will be 9 years out next month.  I regret NOTHING!

I am who I am and accept my feelings wholeheartedly.
Those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind.

Cira 249/144.0 current/goal 154/ 5'3" 10 lbs below my Dr's goal
100Cira-1.jpg picture by negra266

Cira S.
on 2/13/16 10:37 pm - Charles Town , WV
Topic: RE: Is there anyone alive in maryland

Hello,

I used to live in MD and I really miss posting on this forum.   Visiting my old stomping ground after a long while.   Wishing you all the best in your journey.

I am who I am and accept my feelings wholeheartedly.
Those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind.

Cira 249/144.0 current/goal 154/ 5'3" 10 lbs below my Dr's goal
100Cira-1.jpg picture by negra266

Most Active
Recent Topics
Therapist Recommendations?
marshmallowstar · 0 replies · 1857 views
Revisions
sauniee · 0 replies · 2807 views
Support
Lalaredd · 3 replies · 4022 views