2 years already? Wow doesn't seem possible.

Kelly S.
on 5/15/11 11:54 pm
Yes, it's been two years as of yesterday. I can eat normal amounts of food and do occasionally overeat, just like any normal person does.  The only difference now is that I don't just say screw it and keep doing it, I say oh well and get back on plan.  I have lost about 150 pounds and have had a little bounce back weight. I live my life and so much more fun now than I did before. I can run, jump, and walk for miles and miles. I have tons of fun with my kids and my DH now and never want to go back to having to do contortions to wipe my own ass (and not break toilet seats almost semi-annually).  My blood pressure is normal and my cholesterol has gone down to 140 from 299. My blood sugars have all been normal since the day of surgery.  So all in all, I say SUCCESS!  Yeah!

20 pounds lost during two week pre-op diet.

Bkritty
on 5/16/11 3:30 am
Congrats Kelly! I can not wait to be saying that in about two years from now! My kids deserve a mom who can run and play and climb and go on for hours and I know that this is the answer! That is an amazing improvement in your Cholesterol! YAY!

Kristie

Kelly S.
on 5/16/11 3:38 am
You will Kristie, you will!

micbrook
on 5/16/11 11:20 pm - Clifton, ME
RNY on 11/21/07 with
Wow  Kelly   what a success you are!!!   I am so proud of you and of everyone else on this board who have changed their lives.  We saved our lives by changing our lives and  with our tool and our program  we can be successful.     You are right i do sometimes over eat but usually i get sick if i do.   So my tool still works.   I have normal  cholesterol   156  from  209  and  my blood pressure is normal..  I do not have sleep apnea anymore  and i am not pre diabetic.   I  only take  a puff of alberterol when i have a cold for asthma.   Other than  that  i do not take any other  inhalers for copd or asthma  as i dont get  a cold very often.   I  do  exercise  now!!!!!   ZUMBA!!!  i just love it.   wished i had found that when i was really losing weight.   I am fighting  5 to 10 pounds but i guess that is normal rebound weight.  But i do watch it.   Take care  YOU ARE A SUCCESS!!!

Patty

Kelly S.
on 5/17/11 12:28 am
Yeah,  I think I could have lost more if I exercised more.  But hey, we are a lot better off than we were!

DavidReed
on 5/18/11 6:29 am
Hey Kelly,

I stopped by to see you at your office the other day, but missed you...we'll have to get together sometime, have a Loser's GetTogether.  :-)

Didn't see you at the support group meeting in Rockport last Saturday, but maybe the next one.  My wife won't make that one, because she's headed to Fort Kent to see her niece's recital, but I'll be there.

Keep doing what you're doing!  You look fabulous!  And congratulations on the new work-gig too!

-David
"Hello, my name is David, and I am a nutritional over-achiever..."

Kelly S.
on 5/18/11 6:44 am
Well I can't be there if I am here... LOL I will be at the next meeting as I have that day off!  Was looking forward to meeting your wife, next time.

DavidReed
on 5/18/11 12:12 pm
Next Time it is!!!

-David
"Hello, my name is David, and I am a nutritional over-achiever..."

mainegal
on 5/20/11 10:23 pm - Thomaston, ME
Congratulations on your 2 year surgi-versary. It is amazing that we can live and eat like normal people now.
I had to chuckle at the toilet seat comment- been there, not any more !

Emily     SW 320, Pre Surg 271.3, Lowest 189.8 Current 212.9 GW -155-188
Continuing the weight loss journey 10 pound goals at a time.  June 2011

Kelly S.
on 5/23/11 3:31 am
Good to "see" you Emily.  Will I see you for real on the 4th? 

Most Active