Walking Group in Downtown Minneapolis

barbk
on 11/14/07 6:29 am - Eagan, MN
I work at 8th and Marquette/Nicollet Mall and was wondering if there was anyone who wanted to start a walking the skyway group for the winter.  I want to walk for 1/2 hour every day and then go back and have lunch and thought that maybe other downtowners might want to do the same.   Any interest in starting after Thanksgiving?  We could pick a meeting spot and those who are going to walk will meet there at a designated time everyday.  We can determine a 1/2 hour route that would take us back to the meeting spot and then go our merry ways.  Those who show up walk, those who don't -- we're leaving without ya!!!! Let me know your thoughts. XXOO

Fitness is not about age or a size -- it's really about an attitude and life style!!!
Life is not measured by the number of breathes we take, but by the moments that take our breathe away~~

Cheryl_S
on 11/14/07 6:41 am - Eagan, MN

I would love to give it a shot!  I know I will have conflicts about 1/2 the time, but I like the idea if you are there - fine, if not, we leave w/o ya!   That way I won't have to feel bad about holding anyone up if I get pulled into something at the last minute.   Even though I have worked downtown for over 30 years (EGAD - did I just admit that?!) I am clueless when it comes to the skyway system.  I get lost all the time : )  So I won't be much help chosing a route. 

- Cheryl   

barbk
on 11/14/07 6:45 am - Eagan, MN

I learned the skyway system the first winter I worked downtown.  So walking around during lunch time will be a way for you to learn the system too!!!!  Great.  I know where you work so we'll see who else wants to and pick a middle spot (I'll help you get there)...... I have my busy season coming up (CPA firm) and unless they schedule a meeting at lunch, I'm walking just to release stress!!!!  If I don't, I'll go nuts!!!   WOO HOO -- Two people walking!!! XXOO

Fitness is not about age or a size -- it's really about an attitude and life style!!!
Life is not measured by the number of breathes we take, but by the moments that take our breathe away~~

Shannin
on 11/14/07 10:53 pm - Eden Prairie, MN
I'm at 9th & 3rd (Ameriprise CSC building) and would love to join you!
Shannin
336>162>170  Below GOAL!!

"Every now and then, somewhere, someplace, sometime, you are going to have to plant
your feet, stand firm, and make a point about who you ar and what you believe in. When that times comes you simply have to do it" ~Pat Riley
barbk
on 11/14/07 11:09 pm - Eagan, MN
Cool -- I sent you a pm. 

Betsy B.
on 11/15/07 6:09 am - MN

I am on 3rd and 4th...Public Service center, I would love to join in, but will have various conflicts. let me know and I will hop in when I can!!

Betsy

Most Active
Recent Topics
Valleyfair
kimtree · 0 replies · 1442 views
All In The Family
Darla S. · 1 replies · 1176 views
Any feedback on Park Nicollet?
SNCplus2 · 0 replies · 2648 views
10+ years out -
Darla S. · 2 replies · 2723 views