Some questions....(long)

Sandra N.
on 11/14/07 9:23 am - MN
What (or who) has been the biggest help/support (other then the peeps on here) in your weight loss journey?  What has been your biggest motivation?  What has been your Biggest WOW in your journey? For me: The biggest support has been my DH, kids and family.  They totally said this was up to me and would be there for me and they have......even if they haven't understood what I am going thru. My biggest motivation was watching other moms actively participating and having a blast playing with their child(ren) and me wishing that I could do the same!  Second, was watching my health go down. My biggest WOW was this summer when I had the guts to stick up for overweight people by that jerk at the beach picking on a teenage girl who was overweight and he told me that I looked great knowing that I was once where she was.  That is when it hit me that I no longer looked obese and could do more then just lose weight!  A tie would be when I could play with my 3 babies and not be tired, out of breath, or in pain and we had a blast! WOW!  This journey is amazing and brings more then I had ever hoped for!  I am in tears with the huge changes in the past year beyond just losing the weight!  I am forever grateful to my surgeon and his staff for helping this all become possible.....ok, ENOUGH, I'll just shush!  Thanks for reading, as this turned out long!!!  LOVE YOU ALL!

~Sandie~ -147!!WLS:12-12-06:Preop 268,Ht.5'4",BMI 44.9
  Click on link to see my journey!!! 
http://www.onetruemedia.com/my_shared?z=2bfaca5561a1d558fceb
87&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

"Do unto others as you'd have done to you"~ The Golden Rule to Live by!
You are what you EAT and WHO you hang out with!  Choices=Outcome~ what's YOUR choice??
I'm not perfect but I am going to die trying!!!

Frozen_Peach
on 11/14/07 9:56 am

What (or who) has been the biggest help/support (other then the peeps on here) in your weight loss journey?  hands down - my husband and kids!

What has been your biggest motivation? big-time health scare; prior to that, general health worries.  After that, I'd have to say jus****ching my youngest daughter and wonder if I'd be here when she had kids...

What has been your Biggest WOW in your journey? so far, I've not had one, but when I do - I'll share it!!

MY DS  
 labrats.jpg picture by Frozen_Peach

Get the facts about Duodenal Switch at DS Facts
<~~link
DS Recipes can be shared HERE <~~link

Sandra N.
on 11/14/07 10:12 am - MN
Um, well, I think you did have a BIG wow!!  11 pounds is nothing for you to sneeze at!  THAT is AWESOME!!!!  AND you did share!!  Congrats and keep up the hard work!!!!  I AM PROUD OF YOU!!!!

You are what you EAT and WHO you hang out with!  Choices=Outcome~ what's YOUR choice??

kim J.
on 11/14/07 10:09 am - knoxville, TN
What (or who) has been the biggest help/support:  My son who lives in Tennesse, and the great group of coworkers that I have.  What has been your biggest motivation? The fact that I woke up one morning and couldnt bend my left knee.  And all my other lower joints were hurting as well.  I realized that my weight was getting higher, and my mobility was getting lower and lower.  and I was MISERABLE!! What has been your Biggest WOW in your journey? The whole process-but I guess i could say it was when I put on my belt last week and had to put it in the 3rd hole, when 3 months ago I couldnt even get the 2 ends to meet.   Great post Sandra  Thanks!!

Sandra N.
on 11/14/07 10:14 am - MN
What an awesome job you are doing!!!  The first two answers got you going and support you while the last answer is your reward!  WTG!!

Connie D.
on 11/14/07 10:28 am
Biggest support/help..... my daughters and my friend Pam. Biggest motivation......my grandchildren...especially Nic. I want to be here for them for a long time. To do things with them that I haven't been able to do before WLS. Biggest WOW moment......when my daughters refer to me as there skinny mom!!  Thanks Sandie...this was fun. Hugs  connie d
Sandra N.
on 11/14/07 10:33 am - MN
Sweet, Sweet Connie!  What great motivation!  Isn't it weird to be called skinny?!?!!  What a great job you've done!  Keep it up!   ps.....Nic and your family are still in my prayers and thoughts!ya!

Anita B.
on 11/14/07 10:37 am - MN

What (or who) has been the biggest help/support (other then the peeps on here) in your weight loss journey?  My family and my great friend Tonia.  She had the surgery a few years ago.  She has been my rock through this. What has been your biggest motivation?  I want to do so many things in life that I haven't been able to do in the past.  I want to be able to ride all the rides and not worry.  I want to ride on an airplane for the first time.  I want to be able to sit in any seat  that I want to.  I want to feel good about myself.

What has been your Biggest WOW in your journey?  I am only starting the journey.  The biggest wow I have had so far is going to the nutrionist after the first month.  I stepped on the scale and I had lost 10lbs.  I don't know how but I did.  Of course I am following what I am suppose to do but I didn't get where that 10lbs came from.

Anita

Sandra N.
on 11/14/07 10:47 am - MN
HI!  CONGRATS!!  10 pounds is AWESOME!!!  And your motivation WILL happen!

HappyYap123
on 11/14/07 10:43 am - Rush City, MN
Biggest help/support: My husband. He was going to do the surgery too, but chickened out and is trying to lose through diet & exercise. He's doing great and completely supported my decision to do the surgery if that's what I felt I needed for me. Biggest motivation: Same answer. He keeps me motivated to walk every night, even now when it's getting cold and dark out at night - we STILL walk. The idea of being unhealthy and risking my life by being overweight motivated me to have the surgery. It was a choice to extend my life and enjoy it being healthy with him well into our old age. Biggest WOW moment: Not sure I have a bonafide WOW moment just yet. It's an amazing process to feel my bones now - I DO have actual hips afterall!!!! Thought those were just for skinny women! I love feeling my clothes getting bigger and having to go down a few sizes. I LOVED going to my primary care who I haven't seen in a year and she yelped out - holy crap 75lbs lost this year?!!! She had forgotten I was having the surgery until she read further into the chart. I don't weigh myself regularly so I had no idea really how much I'd lost since one month out from surgery (2 months ago). That was awesome. So that's about it - a journey to be sure and a fantastic one at that. My surgeon is a friggin' genius - thanks Dr. Ikramuddin!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Valleyfair
kimtree · 0 replies · 1442 views
All In The Family
Darla S. · 1 replies · 1176 views
Any feedback on Park Nicollet?
SNCplus2 · 0 replies · 2648 views
10+ years out -
Darla S. · 2 replies · 2723 views