WAKE UP MISSOURI

nspg01
on 3/31/11 8:45 am
I had my RNY in Sept 2009 thanks to MEDICARE.  I would not have been able to pay out of pocket and would probably be on my death bed right now. Thank you Medicare.  It passed with no problems like I've heard on here of others experience with their Insurance Companies. The
loss of 130 has cleared of most of my co-morbidities and i FEEL WELL.  I'M 68 years old.

YOU MUST PAY ATTENTION TO THE POLITICS OF THE STATE AND VOTE ACCORDINLY
>
Today, I read that Missouri received money from Federal Gov. for extended benefits so people can pay rent, electric food and meds.  Missouri Republicans voted to withhold that money so the
already POOR PEOPLE of this State will not only be poor but destitute.  We're retired and have
saved money to fill in for our social security monthly checks.  We paid ss taxes all our working
lives so now it is a blessing.  I am so sorry for all those folks not old enough to retire who also
cannot find jobs.  The State of Missouri will keep the federal money in it's coffers while it's
people it was meant or go hungry, without meds and absolutely daily needs.  This is so
unfair since they have give so many benefits to large companies while the people who pay
taxes are going without like in the depression. At some point, there will be so many people
out of work and not needing to pay taxes that the State of Missouri will again be in a money
crunch.  THen where will they look.  YOU GUESSED IT< BACK TO THE FEDERAL GOV.

IF YOU VOTE REPUBLICAN< THEN YOU ARE GIVING A SIGNAL THAT YOU APPROVE OF
POOR PEOPLE STARVING IN OUR COUNTRY>  IF YOU DO VOTE THAT WAY<  
THEN  SHAME ON YOU AND MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON YOUR SOUL.

adamsamah
on 4/1/11 12:40 am - Nixa, MO
Sorry, but I don't approve of political rants on the board. I think this is about obesity not Democrat Party agenda.
Thats my opinion and God will have mercy on me because I will vote my conscience and for the person whose views most closely align with mine. But I won't preach on OH - that's why I left Facebook. Don't want to have to leave here too.
Lana

Adamsamah, Lana
"WLS is about making better choices, a healthier lifestyle and seeing how little you can eat.  Portion control is the key to all weight loss surgeries.  Bottom line - it isn't how much you can eat - it is how little you can eat."

hazmat11
on 4/1/11 10:25 am
 I agree there are better places to discuss your thoughts on government. If you think its bad now  just wait.
Susie

nspg01
on 4/1/11 12:51 pm
I also believe there are better places to discuss politics but my post was absolutely about
OBESITY WEiGHT LOSS SURGERY and my ability to have it based on my lifetime of paying into my insurance MEDICARE.  Was thankful that I was able to have this lifesaving surgery. Fears of
others who follow will not be able to use it because of all the changes being proposed to
balance our Government budget.  Medicare is not, nor has it ever been funded by the Federal
Government.  May have to be in the future if is continues to be raided to balance budgets.

If you feel this is my stab at a political agenda, then you are very wrong and maybe should go
elsewhere if we can't discuss WLS surgery and the joys of being able to have it.  'nuff said.

hazmat11
on 4/1/11 9:50 pm, edited 4/2/11 8:09 am
 There is no way the gov't keeps medicare money separate. They didn't with social security and we all pay that. It is true if you have medicare and want the surgery you better do it now before Obama care stops everything.

I hope I am not upsetting anyone here, at least someone is posting on our board.
Susie

adamsamah
on 4/4/11 1:37 am - Nixa, MO
Susie,
I totally agree with you. My husband's doctor (he's on Medicare by the way) told him he better have his varicose veins and thumb degeneration operated on this year before Obamacare stops everything. He said the Obamacare solution is give old people a pain pill and put them off until they die!

Adamsamah, Lana
"WLS is about making better choices, a healthier lifestyle and seeing how little you can eat.  Portion control is the key to all weight loss surgeries.  Bottom line - it isn't how much you can eat - it is how little you can eat."

adamsamah
on 4/4/11 1:41 am - Nixa, MO
"IF YOU VOTE REPUBLICAN< THEN YOU ARE GIVING A SIGNAL THAT YOU APPROVE OF
POOR PEOPLE STARVING IN OUR COUNTRY> IF YOU DO VOTE THAT WAY<
THEN SHAME ON YOU AND MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON YOUR SOUL."

I cannot see how that statement is not political or how it relates to WLS but then I'm just a stupid person who works every day!

Adamsamah, Lana

nspg01
on 4/4/11 3:23 am
That's cause you're out of the loop.  You don't really understand what's being said here.  By the way,  I  worked 6 days a week in my 51 years of employment .  AND YOU"RE THE ONE WHO SAYS YOU"RE STUPID.  NOT ME.

Also, it is not acceptable to call people names if you don't agree with their point of view.  Your
view is not the only one on this site. .  So sorry you're offended by mine.  That's life.

Most Active
Recent Topics