HAVE YOU HAD ANY LUCK GETTING BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD OF MS TO PAY

Bruce R.
on 6/22/03 1:58 pm - CLINTON, MS
NEED D/S WLS BAD. EVERY TELLS ME BCBS OF MS WILL NOT PAY IN ANY FORM. HAS ANY ONE HAD ANY LUCK? PLEASE CONTACT ME. THANKS, BRUCE
RebeccaMS
on 7/7/03 12:52 pm - Olive Branch, MS
Bruce, BCBS of Mississippi will not touch any type of surgery for weightloss. I had to deal with them before. They are horrible! I am so sorry hun! Try Mississippi Vocational Rehab. Becca
Pam G.
on 8/17/03 1:36 am - Byhalia, MS
Bruce, I have always been told BCBS of MS will not pay. Now, with that said let me say this. I am SUPPOSE to have BCBS of MS because I live in Mississippi. But I called them and told them I work in TN and lived just barely in MS and I wanted BCBS of TN. They switched me - no problem. I then went to Dr King in MS and they submitted my insurance uner BCBS of TN (yes you can use a MS doctor) and I was approved. This might work for you.
Carolyn H.
on 8/28/03 12:45 pm - Vicksburg, MS
I have Federal BC/BS and they wouldn't cover my lap band surgery. However, they would have covered the RNY (which I didn't want). I have been on alot of message boards and it seems that BC/BS is notorious for not paying for WLS. When I called, they told me they still considered it "investigational" or "experimental". They truly have their own rules. It sucks for sure. I had to pay for mine myself. Good luck. Carolyn Dr. Spivak - 8/6/03 208/190/size 12
Most Active