Has anyone had their surgery done by Dr. William Avara?

onepowerfullady
on 11/25/03 4:10 am - Jackson, MS
I am curious of how many of you guys have had your surgery done by Dr. William Avara. He is located was located in Pascagoula, MS but has moved to Ocean Springs, MS. What was your experience like with him? Are you doing well?
Arlies Q
on 11/25/03 11:53 am - Brandon, MS
Hey Jaunine, I am pre-op and will hopefully have Dr. Blake in Jackson, but I just wanted to say hi to you. There are so few posts on the MS board!!!! When is your surgery? Have you looked under "finding a bariatric Surgeon" and then clicked on MS to see if he's listed and if other people have left comments? I'd give it a try. Good luck and keep us informed! Arlies
onepowerfullady
on 11/26/03 1:44 am - Jackson, MS
Well you will not believe what just happened to me. I just got off of the phone with the surgeon's office and the insurance company wants to see if I am crazy before they can give me the final approval. I am awaiting Darlene from the surgeon's office to give me a list of psyhcologist so that I call and make an appointment with them. I am hoping and praying that I can this little dilema squared away before the end of the month. They are saying that they have appointments open for the surgery up until the 23rd of December so its really making antsy.
Arlies Q
on 11/26/03 8:14 am - Brandon, MS
Dear Jaunine, A visit to the psychologist is a normal thing from what I hear. It's just to see if you are ready for the surgery - else they might just commit us all!! Happy Thanksgiving!!! And good luck!! Arlies
onepowerfullady
on 11/26/03 11:46 am - Jackson, MS
On top of that I have also found out that I have to go ahead and get medical clearance too. I felt that they should have gotten all of the testing done before they sent in my medical record. I have to go to Ocean Springs on next Thursday and get my testing done. Then I have to get medical clearance from the doctor to give me my clearance. The normal procedure at SMS is that they get approval from the insurance company then go ahead with the testing, now its the other way around. Its no biggie, once all of my testing done and my insurance give the final go ahead...I'll be able to have my surgery.
Most Active