United HealthCare Patients Ignored By Dr Cleveland

Andrea Z.
on 1/6/04 2:54 am - Clinton, Ms
I wonder why DR Cleveland would see United Health Care patients and get them encouraged and excited about the RNY procedure if all the United Health Care patients are being put on a do not schedule list?I have my letter and now I can not get Dr Clevelands staff to schedule me cause my insurance doesnt give him enough "dough" when it is all said and done. That is not my concern nor it shouldnt be , This Doctor and his Hospital are on My PPO and they agreed to the amounts way before I even Stepped foot in his office. I have contacted the insurance company and let them know that the service I should be getting is not being done due to The Bariatic Centers Refusal to adhere to a contract they made with UHC. I guess contracts don't mean much to someone that more patients then he can handle. They can afford to Push United Health Care Patients to the way side. Hooray for DR Cleveland and his staff for finding a new way to ostracize me in my morbid obesity. If you also have encountered this with His office please let me know. SIGNED Forced to Wait
Arlies Q
on 1/6/04 7:18 pm - Brandon, MS
Hey, Just wanted to say hi. I went to one of Dr. Cleveland's seminars and fell in love with him and his staff, but I have tricare and their hospital will no longer take Tricare. Boy was I dissappointed! I will be having my first consult with Dr. Roger Blake at the univeristy med ctr in April. I think they will take most any insurance. Of course, I had my appointment scheduled back in nov or dec, so it is a long wait! Good luck to you. He is supposed to be really good. Arlies
Andrea Z.
on 1/7/04 12:03 am - Clinton, Ms
Arlies, Thanks so much for the Shout out! Congrats on the New Doctor. Im thinking about going to Dr Carroll to have the RNY Bipass. I have filled out most of the information. I just felt so comfortable when it was not this complicated. I hate shopping too! When is your appointment Arlies? Andie Zee
Clarisa N.
on 1/25/04 12:30 pm - Jackson, MS
OHHH NO,,, I was just referred to Dr. Cleveland by Dr. Blakes office because my insurance doesn't cover Dr. Blake and I too was disheartened when I found out that they are putting UHC ins on a hold because of the money. Does, anybody out there have Drs that are good at this I want a surgeon who perfoms Lap RNY names of drs and I can verify through my insurance website if they are in my network. Thanks
Andrea Z.
on 3/4/04 6:44 am - Clinton, Ms
Well, Any of you following the Drama of me and United Health Care will know that it has been Strange to say the least. Remember I had Approval from my Insurance but the insurance had repaid the hospital and DR only pennies on the dollar for previous patients surgeries so they were Negotiating? Well, I could never find out the actual numbers on anything but I know this is a pretty pricey surgery $50,000 - 100,000 if you don't have insurance. So I felt blessed to have Insurance. But I didn't understand the how's and whys. And I pestered and prodded to find out what I could do. I felt it was just unfair for me to sit idly by knowing that there has to be a way I, the consumer, of the Insurance industry could help. I talked with many folks from CMMC and a lot from United Health Care also. After looking over some of these old post and think "WOW" that was HAR**** may have been my true feelings and perspective at the time. But I guess now I would like to say to everyone that is in the middle of this kind of battle that there will be times when you Feel like your all alone, or that those on your side .....aren't. So, when you feel like those walls are closing in, ** remember the primary goal and keep focused. As It turns out the negotiations between United Health Care and CMMC that started way back in July of 2003 have finally come to a halt officially. DR Cleveland seems to have been just as upset about the way things were going As I was..Only I didn't know it. I will be having surgery sometime in the nearer future with the Best Possible DR and Staff !!! YAaaaWHooo!!! DR Cleveland and his Staff Adam Dungey, Jeanie, And Sandra just to name a few have been wonderful. Adam Dungey has kept in contact with me via Email during these last couple months, this KIND of Insurance Battle things are Difficult. So even though I had an appointment with another surgeon I truly wanted the expertise of the entire program that THE Bariatric Center at CMMC had to offer. After all this is complicated surgery and a comprehensive pre and post operative program makes the difference between long term successful WLS and other WLS available. Thank you DR Cleveland for dealing kindly with this impatient patient for sometime now. IM just glad that this Whole UHC thing is settled. Guess what folks, I suspect that UHC Is not the only insurance company that will have these issues and if you do Have something like this go on, Email me. But here are a few Suggestions that I think will help. #1 Contact your Insurance Company and Ask for the Address where you write and give your personal account as to why you fill this kind of comprehensive program should be available to you. # 2 Keep any and all Paper work in a File. #3 Keep Hope and Remember The folks in this line of work are here for good reasons and Intend on giving you the Best of Care. Andie Z
Most Active