Hump Day Roll Call

shoutjoy
on 3/22/11 7:45 pm - Culpeper, VA
Hi all,

My, my my we are not a chatty bunch I see.  Welcome to Wednesday.  Woke up with a few inches of snow on my car and it's still coming down.  Sigh....

Today, is much of the same thing.  Take care of the dog and pack.  I just realized March is almost over and I need to step up the pace.  I joined a few Meetups down there and can't wait to get involved.  I want to get back into my dance classes as well.  Bathing suit weather is coming!  Well, for some of you, it's already there lol.

I really hope you all have an awesome day!

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

kilmarlic
on 3/22/11 10:41 pm - powells point, NC
Oh what a beautiful morning....oh what a beautiful day.....

It's cloudy here but I have had the most amazing morning so far. As soon as I stepped out of my car at work this morning I heard a very familiar bird call...a bald eagle...he swooped down and plucked a fish out of the pond in front of the courthouse and then flew off. It's always amazing to see birds of prey at work but my Dad and I had a special bond over bald eagles. Such beauty and power.

Not a whole lot planned for the day just continuing to monitor myself with a detailed food log. Trying to get a handle on my carb consuption and beat that particular monster back into submission.

Hope your dog is improving. Stay warm and dry and have a great day!!!!!!!!

- Iris

Blessed are the flexible for they shall not be bent out of shape.

Highest      Surgery    Lowest      Current                                                                 

314.5          294          208        258.4

bubbylucy
on 3/23/11 1:05 am - Raleigh, NC
It is quite quiet over here on the NC board!!!! I am happy it is Wed, that means only two more days till the weekend. I spoke at the Duke pre-op meeting last night, so that was fun. It feels great to be the one that is over all the pre-op and immediate post op mess. It is also great to remember back when I could not imagine not wanting, needing food like I used to.
Then after the pre op meeting was the plastic surgeon, which was great if I had a spare $5000 lying around. I would love to have a tummy tuck.

Nothing else real interesting, hockey season starts back in full swing so my childrens schedule will be taking over. One on the field for softball and the other on the ice for hockey. Kind of like NC's weather lately, cold one day hot the next.

Hope you all have a fabulous hump day!!!!
Audra

Barbara C.
on 3/23/11 3:50 am - Raleigh, NC

Hi All,

It is and has been much, much too QUIET here on the NC board for quite a while. We still have a few 'old timers' that chime in now and then, but it seems that most of the newbies are still lurking. I hope that eventually you'll join us. It really does help those new and old. Often, I find that newbies don't think that they have anything to contribute, but that is far from the truth. As a matter of a fact, often the questions that you have are questions that so many others have as well and this has traditionally been a very safe place to ask what some might call 'stupid questions.' There really are no stupid questions. So if you have a questions, an observation, or a comment please do join in.

Today I'm just loving the beautiful, warm weather and have broken out my first sundress and sandals of the season. I am wearing a little cover-up for my arms, but if the weather really heats up sometimes I even ditch that. 

Last night I made Chinese chicken salad and some pork in lettuce cups for dinner. Of course that means that we have left overs. I'm not sure if we'll have that again tonight or if I'll find another way to morph it into yet another left over. I really love the warmer weather since it really lends itself to salads. Salads allow my eyes to think I'm eating more than my tummy is actually getting. I try to make sure that I use vitamin and mineral rich greens such as baby spinach or a spring salad mix. I know that newbies can't enjoy the greens for a while, but once you can, it really does open up the lunch and dinner possibilities. 

Hope everyone is enjoying the wonderful weather... I know that Paula will be here to enjoy it soon too. 

Barbara
ObesityHelp Coach and Support Group Leader
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bcumbo_group/
High-264, Current-148, Goal-145

Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 585 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1624 views
12 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 1308 views