Terrific Thursday Roll Call

shoutjoy
on 3/23/11 7:22 pm - Culpeper, VA
Hi all,

I heard some of you had some big storms come through last night.  Luckily ours was not too bad. 

Today isn't much different than yesterday.  I am going box hunting again.  Can't wait to get down there and meet some of you and remeet others.  This is going to be a little short so the rest of you can chime in.

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

kilmarlic
on 3/23/11 11:02 pm - powells point, NC
I feel whiny this morning.....that's not a good thing. It must be the weather because it's not how I usually am. It rained almost all night last night and I really didn't want to drag myself out of bed this morning. But duty calls and so here I am.

Today's focus is water intake. Fighting a bladder infection so I really don't want to drink but it's more important than ever so bottoms up everybody.

Hope yall have a more interesting day planned than I do.....

- Iris

Blessed are the flexible for they shall not be bent out of shape.

Highest      Surgery    Lowest      Current                                                                 

314.5          294          208        258.4

Barbara C.
on 3/24/11 1:03 am - Raleigh, NC

It stormed like crazy last night, but it's beautiful and clear today. A good time to go weed the garden patch to get it ready for the new spring crop!

Like for so many of us, life has been stressful around here and when that happens, I must have a deep NEED for serotonin because CARBS call out my name. To keep me from falling down that dep dark hole, I've been making sure to 'load' with protein and colorful carbs first, then if I still feel the need for simple carbs I have some, but thanks to my restriction, I can't do much damage. 

I'm off to enjoy the lovely weather as well as take care of some spring cleaning. 

Have a great day!

Barbara
ObesityHelp Coach and Support Group Leader
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bcumbo_group/
High-264, Current-148, Goal-145

LENAKAY
on 3/24/11 5:37 am - BUNN, NC
HI, This my first post here.

I am just starting on my journey. I am on my second day of the 2 week all shake diet. my surgery is scheduled for 4/6. I am excited & nervous.  and water logged

We had a few trees down in our area but nothing major.

I hope evryone a wonderful & blessed day

kilmarlic
on 3/24/11 5:54 am - powells point, NC
Hi there!!! Glad you came out to join us. Please make it a habit. Good Luck on the liquid diet thing...2 weeks will be up in no time.

- Iris

Blessed are the flexible for they shall not be bent out of shape.

Highest      Surgery    Lowest      Current                                                                 

314.5          294          208        258.4

Barbara C.
on 3/24/11 10:02 am - Raleigh, NC

Hi LenaKay,

Welcome to the forum. I look forward to getting to know you as you make you way on this incredible, life-changing journey. 

Hang in there with your liquid diet. Remember that it will make your surgery much easier and safer since it will shrink your liver and allow the surgeon easier access when doing your surgery. Maybe that will make it more 'palatable.'

Barbara

Kermit P.
on 3/24/11 8:55 am
Good luck to you with your surgery!

I have been dealing with significant constipation so I would encourage you to think about taking a stool softener post surgery.  I REALLY wish someone had told me this as I have never experienced anything like this before.  Otherwise, I am doing well two weeks post surgery and really starting to feel like myself AND am back at work.

HW/232       CW/145.2       GW/???
Barbara C.
on 3/24/11 9:57 am - Raleigh, NC

It varies from person to person and surgery to surgery, but those with RNY are more prone to constipation, especially early on. Miralax on a regular basis during the first few months ... maybe even a year really seems to help. Also make sure that you are getting in at least 64 ounces of fluids each day. 

Hang in there!

Barbara

ibeanniebe
on 3/24/11 10:05 am - NM
THe storm here in Greensboro NC was angry and loud but we seemed to get through it fine. Just interupted my sleep for an hour or so last night. Mostly its the pollens that have gotten into my sinuses and all. At least the rain washed some of it out of the air so today was not as bad with the allergies. As usual I am going to school and doing homework.
Ann and the 'Bean'
Blogs mysecondhalfoflife.blogspot.com/ and amanicinsomniacsreadinglist.blogspot.com/

High/Surg/current/goal - 320/253/150/healthy - I am 5' 3" tall - Size 8 now! Past surgeon's goal now!

Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 584 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1623 views
12 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 1308 views
Raleigh area doctors
ncgoaliemom · 0 replies · 1651 views
NC Forum
Sheryl28518 · 0 replies · 2682 views