Monday Monday lalala Roll Call

shoutjoy
on 3/27/11 6:06 pm - Culpeper, VA
Hi all,

Today I am packed with errands.  I think I found a good box source.  I feel I need to pick up the pace on the packing.  I want to get down there sooooo baaaaad

Hoping sparkle gets well enough to travel soon.  That's about all I have for now.

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

kilmarlic
on 3/28/11 12:45 am - powells point, NC
Monday!! Monday!! Monday!!! What on earth happened to Sunday? This weekend has flown by. I wish I could say I got lots of things accomplished but sadly - NO!! A couple of loads of laundry and that was it.

David's kids thought I had just landed from Mars when I handed them the Windex and paper towels Saturday morning then I actually expected them to use it on the sliding glass doors. Granted I am not the most efficient housekeeper but dang I hate to see kids put their hands all over the windows. David thought it was the funniest thing he'd ever seen. I pointed out that he needed to take out the garbage. They soon found ways to occupy themselves and stay out from under my feet. My evil plan worked fabulously.

I'm ready for the warm weather. After that little taste of sunshine last week - the chilly damp weather today has me feeling ice clear through to my bones. Thankfully I did cook a huge pot of vegetable soup yesterday so a warm dinner will be on the table just a few minutes after I walk in the door.

Today is the first day of the Office "Low Carbing" plan. It is not a diet. Diet's don't work. This is our attempt to all make healthier choices and hold each other accountable. Can't wait to see how it goes. 

Hope everyone has a great day!!!
- Iris 

Blessed are the flexible for they shall not be bent out of shape.

Highest      Surgery    Lowest      Current                                                                 

314.5          294          208        258.4

Kermit P.
on 3/28/11 1:10 am
Good luck Iris on the low carbing......having the support of others can help a lot!

Today is my first post op dietician appt and I have a list of questions.  I have started pureed food and am very happy to be eating food and tolerating it. I am taking it slow though as I am nervous about NOT tolerating something.  I so want to try an egg but am nervous!   I am thrilled though that I am tolerating fluids and am now actually able to eat.

Also yesterday was more first day back at the gym and I took it slow but it went well.  For me I feel that exercise is going to be a key to maintaining and I need this to help me with a replacement (hopefully) for emotional eating.

Everyone have a great week!!!!!
HW/232       CW/145.2       GW/???
Barbara C.
on 3/28/11 1:53 am - Raleigh, NC

Go easy with the eggs. They 'seem' like something that should go down easily, but for many they can be difficult. Eggs can become 'rubbery' when cooked to a firm consistency.  That said, if you do try them, be sure to try a very 'soft' scramble first, then you can graduate to other things as your pouch matures. Eggs are a fabulous source of protein. If you haven't tried it yet, you may want to see about trying cottage or ricotta cheeses. They also provide wonderful protein and can easily morph from sweet to savory.

I think that you are wise to look for an outlet/replacement to manage emotional eating. Having a few aces in the whole will help when the inevitable stressors emerge. 

Keep up the good work!

Barbara
ObesityHelp Coach and Support Group Leader
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bcumbo_group/
High-264, Current-148, Goal-145

shoutjoy
on 3/28/11 5:38 pm - Culpeper, VA
I discovered something yummy by accident.  I didn't have any milk so I used half and half in my eggs and they came out velvety soft and yummy.

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

LENAKAY
on 3/28/11 2:31 am - BUNN, NC

Hi all,

I had a pretty good weekend. My son is enjoying torturing me with foods I can eat. But then he is also very watchful that i don't eat something i am not suppose to. (he is only 9).

I am still looking forward to the surgery and am hopeful that after the surgery, my ankles will heal and i will be able to start going to the gym too.

have a great day everyone and stay dry & warm

Kermit P.
on 3/28/11 5:17 am
Thanks Barbara about the warning about eggs.....this is why I hesitate to try them......I will wait a bit before trying.  I started with ricotta yesterday with spaghetti sauce and that went down very well and was so good so that will be lunch this week.....at least it isnt the two ounces of broth I had last week!!!!

Will begin exploring other foods day by day..........
HW/232       CW/145.2       GW/???
ibeanniebe
on 3/28/11 8:49 am - NM
It was Monday in the classrooms today and then monday at the gym for the water aerobics and the fitness swimming class. I am not, I repeat NOT loving the return of the cold. I do hope it doesn't last too long. I actually wore my down coat to school today and still needed it. after I was done at the gym. I finally returned home at 3:30, fed the dogs and finished a homework assignment. The rest of the evening will be spent reading my Kindle. Then I will do it all over again in a different way tomorrow. (Different schedule for Tuesday/Thursday.) Hope you all have a good week.
Ann and the 'Bean'
Blogs mysecondhalfoflife.blogspot.com/ and amanicinsomniacsreadinglist.blogspot.com/

High/Surg/current/goal - 320/253/150/healthy - I am 5' 3" tall - Size 8 now! Past surgeon's goal now!

bigstlzr
on 3/28/11 10:39 pm
Hello, all, I am new to this forum. I am in the Greensboro area, and I've had DS surgery for one year, now! 

Writing in purple to commemorate the great Purple One, oh, what a show! Transported me back to the 70's and 80's before my weight was out of control! 
If that man can strutt across the stage like that and execute those moves at age 52, so can I when I reach that age!

It was rainy and cold this weekend, and it gave me an excuse to eat too many conforting resturant meals. Thankfully, I have not gained weight! Back to normalcy and weight loss! I am drinking my protein shake this morning to start the day off, right!
"Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move "  (Matt 17:20)  
Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 586 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1624 views
12 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 1308 views
Raleigh area doctors
ncgoaliemom · 0 replies · 1651 views
NC Forum
Sheryl28518 · 0 replies · 2682 views