Terrific Tuesday Roll Call

shoutjoy
on 3/28/11 5:36 pm - Culpeper, VA
Hi all,

Well, how is everyone today.  I know I am up early but that seems to be my lot these days.  Today, I have to get in gear. I have to hit the house hard and fast.  Get donations together and start dropping them off.  Going to clean out our safe deposit box today and close that down.  I am also getting low on my last book of checks.  I really don't want to order another box. 

Sparkle had her followup yesterday and she seems to be doing better.  That is encouraging. She still needs a lot of care.  Poor thing.  Those in the Durham area, do you know of any good pet sitters?  I need to get that set up too. 

My hat is coming along.  I finished the felted bag.  It is huge!  Oh well.  It is my first one. 

Hopefully going to Open Mic tonight for a couple of hours.  We shall see.

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

kilmarlic
on 3/28/11 10:54 pm - powells point, NC
I want my warm weather and sunshine back...and I want it now!!! Okay so my temper tantrum with Mother Nature didn't work out so well. I decided to fake some spring time today and wear capris and sandals.

Yesterday was the first day of "Carb Detox" and it went fairly well. I ended up with a headache last night that tylenol wouldn't touch. I fought the urge to scavenge the pantry at David's house and settled on one beautiful strawberry dipped in dark chocolate instead. I swear my headache was gone instantly.

I need to pick up on a hobby that involves the use of both hands in the evening so I'm not tempted to snack while I watch tv at night. Reading is one of the things I love to do but it is possible to engage in mindless eating while enjoying a good read. Maybe I need to approach this like I do the kids - NO EATING UNLESS YOU'RE AT THE KITCHEN TABLE. hmmmm.....I think I'll make that my simple change for the week.

Time to get some work done. Hope everyone has a great day!!!

- Iris

Blessed are the flexible for they shall not be bent out of shape.

Highest      Surgery    Lowest      Current                                                                 

314.5          294          208        258.4

LENAKAY
on 3/29/11 2:58 am - BUNN, NC
Hi all,

busy day at work. I am try to get everything ready for my surgery which is now 8 days away. I am close to getting things settled here at work. Then maybe I can focus on my house and little boy.

My pre-op is tomorrow. They called me today and told me to have my checkbook, credit card , cash or money order. When I ask how much to bring she transferred me to a voicemail that said they would tell me the amount at the pre-op. So Now I am not sure how much I need to have available because my surgery is next wednesday and I get paid Thursday. Maybe they will let me post date a check.

I am still very excited & little nervous. But at least no sleet today.

have a wonderful day

Barbara C.
on 3/29/11 11:34 am - Raleigh, NC

Better late than never.

Challenges: I had a follow up appoint with my orthopedic surgeon re: managing the fractures in my back that happened due to a fall in late December. I'll be getting some cortisone injections tomorrow and then some PT to try to get back on the road to recovery. I'll also be working on getting better range of motion in my hand. I'm still not allowed to exercise and hoping that will change with the PT.

Successes: I'm working on making sure to get in my protein and supplements. I'm doing pretty well with that and keeping my weight steady.

I'm soooo glad that it was warmer today. While it wasn't as warm as it was last week, the upper 50's seemed balmy compared to this past weekend and yesterday.

Barbara
ObesityHelp Coach and Support Group Leader
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bcumbo_group/
High-264, Current-148, Goal-145

Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 586 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1624 views
12 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 1308 views