Peak of the week roll call

shoutjoy
on 3/29/11 6:24 pm - Culpeper, VA
Hi all,

It is 4am and I get some great ideas early.  Every year is a big auction in April.  Well, maybe I can get them to come and get a  lot of this stuff.  I am trying not to get nervous about the money issues and gettingme down there.  This is a way of making a little money at the same time.

So, today, I have the dog sitter come out and meet sparkle.  I am hoping she will hang out with sparkle so I can get stuff done.  What are your plans today?

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

kilmarlic
on 3/29/11 10:33 pm - powells point, NC
Rain. Wind. Blahhhhhhh........ BUT I woke up completely energized and ready to go. I just wish the weather would match my mood. So far 2 days of low carbing have gone fairly smoothly. Refocusing on protein first and just being very mindful of what I eat - seems to be doinig the trick.

Now to make exercise a priority. I did start my day with some stretches and a few minutes of jogging in place. Not sure how much good that did my body but it made me feel like I'd accomplished something at least.

Fed all my barn yard critters this morning and it makes me smile. The chicks are starting to feather out and they look like something that the dog chewed on and spit out. Truly they are something at this point that only a mother could love. The goats were extremely happy with me - I brought vegetable scraps and a bag of mixed salad that had a bitter taste to me. Moe the big one was jumping around because he was excited but that gave Larry a chance to get control over the trough and eat like a pig. they the head butting began. They are comical. When they get excited the dogs get excited...and the madness ensues.

Hope everyone has a great day!!! Enjoy the small moments - they make great memories.

- Iris

Blessed are the flexible for they shall not be bent out of shape.

Highest      Surgery    Lowest      Current                                                                 

314.5          294          208        258.4

Barbara C.
on 3/30/11 12:32 am - Raleigh, NC

It's raining and the sunroof on the car that our daughter drives leaks and of course she took it instead of the car I usually drive, so it's likely to be making a big WET mess. Oh well!

I'm going to the outpatient surgical center in a little bit to have the cortisone shots done and am hoping that they work so that I'll be able to be a bit more mobile. 

I'm thinking that making a nice pot of warm, bubbling chili might be just the ticket for a cold rainy day. 

Barbara
ObesityHelp Coach and Support Group Leader
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bcumbo_group/
High-264, Current-148, Goal-145

Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 585 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1624 views
12 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 1308 views