Fuzzy Headed Monday Roll Call

shoutjoy
on 4/3/11 7:37 pm - Culpeper, VA
Lost my internet so I have to repost.  Anyway, yesterday started out great.  Had a great practice with a friend and we have four tunes for Open Mic.  Then I got the message...... our funding source for the move may not pan out.  So, that would mean I'm up here in cold country a little longer.  Well, look at the good side. I have more time, I can see my friends longer and the "hurry" issue wouldn't be there.  However, I believe in miracles so I am going to keep up the pace just as if all was the same.

Today is errands and confuse our landlord even more .  Supposed to be some terrible weather moving in for  you all  tonight.  Be safe!

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

Barbara C.
on 4/4/11 1:43 am - Raleigh, NC

Looking forward to a beautiful day! Have cleaned out the fridge and will be doing a grocery run later today, as well as a stop at the garden center to see about some annuals to put out in the flower beds and pots.

I love the warmer weather and all of the lighter meals that come with it. Last night, we had a beautiful caprese salad. I love doing salads with wonderful cheeses, grilled meats and flavorful homemade dressings. When I first had my surgery and I was in the midst of losing, I wasn't sure that I'd ever be able to eat normally again. I think that I've probably reframed what I consider normal, but that said, I do eat 'normally' now and I'm so very grateful that I can do that.

Hope that everyone enjoys the beautiful day and I look forward to hearing what you have planned for today.

Barbara
ObesityHelp Coach and Support Group Leader
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bcumbo_group/
High-264, Current-148, Goal-145

kilmarlic
on 4/4/11 1:59 am - powells point, NC

I am loving the sunshine. It's already 70+ degrees here today. I am so planning a walk around the neighborhood tonight when I get off work. Of course I've got to spend some time with all my animals. We worked on the chicken coop yesterday so the girls are spending their first day outside today.

I need to stop and get a couple of frisbees from the dollar store for the dogs. My old Lab (Gus) loves a frisbee so I know if I only get one to use for the young one (Bentley) that the old man's feeling will be hurt.  When that happens Gus ends up taking the toy and walking off with it. I swear they're just like little kids on the playground. 

Left a roast cooking in the crock pot this morning so all I have to do is throw together some sides for the fellas and dinner will be done. I've fed them alot of rice here lately - they aren't complaining but while I'm trying to detox myself from the carbs it's the simpliest thing I can find. At nearly 3 years out from surgery - I cannot eat rice. It's like it swells the minute it hits my pouch and then everything gets stuck. Needless to say I just don't eat it and I'm fine with that. Pasta has a similar effect but only if it's al dente. So at home if we're having pasta I have to  cook the dickens out of it. Somehow it's just not worth it. 

Yall go enjoy the sunshine. 

- Iris 

Blessed are the flexible for they shall not be bent out of shape.

Highest      Surgery    Lowest      Current                                                                 

314.5          294          208        258.4

Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 584 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1623 views
12 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 1308 views
Raleigh area doctors
ncgoaliemom · 0 replies · 1651 views
NC Forum