Late Tuesday Roll Call

shoutjoy
on 4/4/11 9:17 pm - Culpeper, VA
Hi all,

Had another rough night getting to sleep.  Found out that I am actually leaving at the end of the month so I can slow down a bit.  Today is practice, and a couple errands. 

Thinking about starting an OH support group down in the Durham area.  It's tough starting over with this stuff.  Finding a place, finding the needs etc.  I should invest in a Meetup group for there.  Anyway, that's about it for me.

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

ANNI D.
on 4/5/11 3:05 am
Nothing much for me today. Waiting patiently each day to see if my protein powder order will come in. Going to do some housework. Going to write an e-mail to my surgeon in Mexico, at the request of a P.A., to ask him about the chronic pain I'm having, though I dont think it has anything to do with my surgery. I think that he couldnt find anything wrong on all my labs, so he doesnt know, so he's putting it off on my surgeon. I will be seeing my regular PCP on Friday, and hopefully we can figure out what the next step is.
  EVERYBODY HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!!!
I only strive to be, the kind of person my dogs think I am!                               

Of the choices we are given, it's no choice at all....
                                             -Patty Griffin

dnallen1005
on 4/5/11 3:19 am
@Shoutjoy -I live in NC and am having my surgery in Durham. We have a great Post Op support group that meets once a month as well as support groups for Pre and Post Op that meet at Duke Weight Loss Center. I have actually talked to a lot of Post Op people there to prepare myself for my surgery this coming Monday. There's a list on the center's website that gives dates for support group meetings. The Post Op group isn't sponsored by the center. They usually meet at a cafe or something. I'm sure you'd be welcomed! Hopefully this will make your transition a little easier:)
Pink_Sparkles
on 4/5/11 5:27 am - Durham, NC
I am a Duke Weight Loss Surgery Patient and would be happy to talk with you. either before or after your surgery  I will be one year post-op on 4/28/10 and have lost 173lbs to date. 

If you are interested, send me a note to my OH inbox and we can exchange numbers.

Best of Luck.
Pink Sparkles

dnallen1005
on 4/5/11 6:12 am

@Pink_Sparkles -I tried, but your profile is private. you will have to friend me before I can send you a message. Thanks for the help!

shoutjoy
on 4/5/11 8:16 pm - Culpeper, VA
Oh how funny!  I just realized I had my surgery at Duke also .  That was back in 2000 so I never even gave it a thought. HA!

shoutjoy
on 4/5/11 8:14 pm - Culpeper, VA
Hi there,

So are you saying there is a hospital sponsored Post Op group as well as another separate Post Op group that meets at the hospital?

dnallen1005
on 4/6/11 1:57 am
No. The group that the hospital sponsors is both pre and post op and they meet at Duke Weight Loss Center (www.dukewls.com). But i have to say, after going to two of them, they tend to lean towards Post Op topics because that's the majority of the people who come. The group that meets outside of the hospital is not sponsored by anyone. It's post op patients from duke that get together once a month and talk. One of the members usually announces where they will be meeting at the scheduled monthly meeting at the center.
shoutjoy
on 4/6/11 2:19 am - Culpeper, VA
Oh, so it's not a structured meeting? More like a social get together? I can find out more.

What I had in mind was a "non-denominational" group of Pre and Post Op patients. which means anyone can come regardless of the procedure they have or will have. 

I will have to find a way to connect with folks and ask if there is anything else they want in addition to the regular meetings.

kilmarlic
on 4/5/11 5:36 am - powells point, NC
It's been a day of wild weather!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I decided to leave home early this morning to try and get to work ahead of the storm. HA HA HA. The Luck of the Iris prevailed and I got here in the MIDDLE of the storm. Go figure.

At least the rest of the day has been relatively uneventful.
- Iris

Blessed are the flexible for they shall not be bent out of shape.

Highest      Surgery    Lowest      Current                                                                 

314.5          294          208        258.4

Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 586 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1624 views
12 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 1308 views
Raleigh area doctors
ncgoaliemom · 0 replies · 1651 views
NC Forum