Snowy Thursday Roll Call

shoutjoy
on 4/6/11 7:33 pm - Culpeper, VA
Hi all,

What happened to spring up here? Wow, Monday it will be 65!  Can't wait to get down there. 

Today a friend is coming over and we will go through the stuff in the garage.  Get another car load to take to Salvation Army.  Also gettting a much needed haircut.  I may go to knitting club today.  I haven't been in ages.  I need more yarn and projects.  I am hoping to get into a sock making class using the magic loop.  I don't know if that will happen though. I want to have something to do on the way to CA in June.  Are there any yarn shops in the Raleigh/Durham area?

That's it for now.  Busy day!

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

skootermagrooder
on 4/6/11 11:37 pm - Hurdle Mills, NC
We have a little yarn shop here in the Hillsborough area with beautifu yarns!  I think you'll like it.

Judy R

*Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow* 

shoutjoy
on 4/7/11 12:12 am - Culpeper, VA
Sounds awesome!  Once I get settled, I will look you up.  So are you a knitter too?

skootermagrooder
on 4/7/11 12:26 am - Hurdle Mills, NC
No, i'm not a knitter.... although i do crochet a little.  I was in there not too long ago admiring the beautiful yarns.  When are you planning on moving to the area?

Judy R

shoutjoy
on 4/7/11 3:47 am - Culpeper, VA
I should be there the 29th or 30th of this month!  Can't wait.

Barbara C.
on 4/7/11 12:50 am - Raleigh, NC

I knit and crochet ....some... anyway, here are the yarn shops I know of in the greater triangle area:

Cozy
770 9th St
Durham, NC
919-286-3400

Great Yarns
1208 Ridge Road
Raleigh, NC 27607
919-832-3599

Hillsborough Yarn Shop
114 S. Churton St.
Hillsborough, NC 27278
919-732-2128

Knit-a-Bit
Village Plaza Mall
99 S. Elliott Road
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919-929-6562

I think that the one in Hillsborough is the one at Judy was mentioning. These are all nice, entreprenural shops with great products and customer service. Most have classes available and as you know most of us that are crafty are also a chatty group, so it's a great way to make some new freinds as you get back in the area.

The weather here is just beautiful today. I'm hoping to take a walk before my back gives out again. I'm also going to clean out the pantry and fridge, then see about restocking both with essentials that help me craft quick and healthy meals and snacks. I've found that doing this is key to staying on track. I need to have things I really enjoy and that are quick and easy to put together, otherwise, I can find myself lapsing into some bad habits.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Barbara
ObesityHelp Coach and Support Group Leader
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bcumbo_group/
High-264, Current-148, Goal-145

skootermagrooder
on 4/7/11 1:01 am - Hurdle Mills, NC

Bad habits????? Sorry, not sure what those are.... :)  I'm sure you're not talking about the 2 donuts i bought yesterday!!!

Judy R

kilmarlic
on 4/7/11 1:21 am - powells point, NC
How did you see me eating my carb laden dinner last night? You wanna talk bad habits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very low in protein. High in fat. Higher in carbs. Not a wise choice on the plate at all.

ggggrrrrrrrrrr....................

Today will be a better day.

- Iris

Blessed are the flexible for they shall not be bent out of shape.

Highest      Surgery    Lowest      Current                                                                 

314.5          294          208        258.4

skootermagrooder
on 4/7/11 4:20 am - Hurdle Mills, NC
Iris, here's my thoughts on the food subject... (even though i know you didn't ask for it)
We all have to make choices.. some time they are better than others.  I think that being several years out, we all know what we can and can't do and still maintain the best balance.  Yes, i bought a donut (one for hubby too), but it will probably be another year or six months before i eat another one... i can live with that (i used to be able to eat a dozen!).  Yes you had some extra carbs/fat last night, but it's not somehting that you do every night.  I think that since we follow the plan that is best for us 80-95% of the time... we can switch off occasionally without the guilt, and without beating ourselves up!!

Ok, now i will step down from the soap box!!!  Thank you for the applause everyone!!!

Judy R

shoutjoy
on 4/7/11 4:57 am - Culpeper, VA
My thoughts,

One thing that always made diets hard for me is the feeling of being deprived.  Once I had wls surgery, I would allow myself an occasional snack without feeling guilty or angry.  Now, I know with many folks there are trigger foods that they need to avoid.  When eaten, it triggers memories, unsettled feelings, anger etc.  Maybe this something to consider when choosing your snack.  So, be mindful when deciding what you eat.  Consider what is going on, how you are feeling.  Maybe your reaction goes deeper than the actual snack itself.

Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 585 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1624 views
12 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 1308 views
Raleigh area doctors
ncgoaliemom · 0 replies · 1651 views
NC Forum
Sheryl28518 · 0 replies · 2682 views