Lunar Thursday Roll Call

shoutjoy
on 4/13/11 7:07 pm - Culpeper, VA
This morning when I took Sparkle out, I saw the most awesome lunar set.  I went back in to get my camera but it set behind a cloud.  What a miss!!

Well, today is much the same as others.  I have my usual errands and packing.  My hubby is freaking out because he can't find us a cheap place to live down there.  He makes too much for senior apartments and the fancier ones want all these up front fees, or our credit is too crappy.  So, we still and only have our old expensive house.  It's miracle time.

I am supposed to meet with a friend this evening to work on some more dulcimer/whistle tunes.  She was too sick to do anything at Open Mic on Tuesday so we postponed it.  I guess I better do some practicing early.

That's about it for me.

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

ibeanniebe
on 4/13/11 8:46 pm - NM
     Good morning to you all. Or in the southern jargon, y'all! I was up early today to put the finishing touches on my project due later this morning for English class. Now I am happy to say its done and put together and ready to turn in. I went to bed early last night because I had stayed up til 3 in the morning the day before and was really wiped at 7:30 pm. Functioning on no sleep is a real challenge for me and I have had a lot of insomnia lately. I am finding out it is so much better to just get out of bed and go read a book or work on my 'novel'. Because if I just lie in bed I do nothing but think. Thinking is okay but not when it is stopping the sleeping process.
     I am losing weight again. I am again at 155 on the scale which is down from 163 or abouts a couple of months ago. I gave up cable TV to save money since now we have no income until either i quit school and go back to work or the hubby gets a job. Either way we have to do something. he is out of benefits and he is not getting interviews locally. At the end of this semester I will have completed a full year of going to school continuously. This is an accomplishment for me because i have never even been able to finish a semester before without having to withdraw for a various variety of reasons over the years. I am really hoping to stay with school and not lose momentum. Getting my degree will mean I can get work in an interesting field and not be stuck at a desk tethered to a phone. I don't even mind if I have to transfer to another college out west if it means the hubby can get back to work so I can finish before he qualifies for SS retirement. Then I can earn what we need and he can relax and well, be retired. I figure to have my degree by spring of 2015 at the latest and he will be in his 66th year and can retire with the most benefits. Well its the plan anyway. I hope we can pull it off.
     Should be seeing everyone Saturday in Raleigh since the next big project has not been assigned to us yet. This semester has only about 4 weeks left and I am looking forward to its end. Sigh!

Ann and the 'Bean'
Blogs mysecondhalfoflife.blogspot.com/ and amanicinsomniacsreadinglist.blogspot.com/

High/Surg/current/goal - 320/253/150/healthy - I am 5' 3" tall - Size 8 now! Past surgeon's goal now!

Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 584 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1623 views
12 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 1308 views
Raleigh area doctors
ncgoaliemom · 0 replies · 1651 views
NC Forum
Sheryl28518 · 0 replies · 2681 views