I'm finally back.

jennytmitch
on 6/7/11 10:27 am - NC
Hey guys,

I have not been around much.  I had my rny May 2nd and went home the 4th.  I did well for the first week, but things went downhill really quiickly after that.  I was readmitted to the hospital May 24th and diagnosed with two bleeding ulcers where they attached my stoma to the small intestines.  It definitely was not there when tthey completed the surgery and the docs said it wasn't anything I did either.  I was in the hospital for 8 days and am finally feeling much, much better.  I actually feel human now.  I am home on TPN ( liquid iv nutrition) and will be on t for a while. 

Even with all of the complications I would have the surgery again.  I have already lost 36 pounds since I started this process.  I was so dehydrated and malnourished so I have gained some of the weight back, but am not worried about it.  I am just glad to feel better.

sylvan
on 6/7/11 12:21 pm
So glad to see you back!  I've been wondering what had happened to you.  Sorry to hear about all the complications but glad to hear that you're feeling better. 

Wonder where the ulcers came from if they weren't there before and you didn't do anything to cause them.  Just curious. 

Congrats on the 36lbs!

Barbara C.
on 6/7/11 12:49 pm - Raleigh, NC

Jenny,

So sorry to hear that you had such a rough start, but I'm glad to hear that you are on the mend and finally starting to feel better.  While I know it was are tough way to start, I'll bet that in a year you'll be absolutely delighted that you did this and it will all be a dim memory.

Wishing you continued success and good health,

Barbara
ObesityHelp Coach and Support Group Leader
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bcumbo_group/
High-264, Current-148, Goal-145

stratos273
on 6/8/11 5:33 am - Tar Heel, NC
Glad to see you back.
avidreader
on 6/8/11 8:16 am - Cary, NC
So sorry you had the complications but am delighted to hear you are on the mend!!!

Highest/Surgery/Current/Goal
250/241/139.5/125
I have a new philosophy, I'm only going to dread one day at a time.  Charlie Brown
rkcarrara
on 6/9/11 12:36 pm
Sorry to hear about your complications.  I'm glad you are feeling better.

Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 595 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1630 views
12 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 1314 views
Raleigh area doctors
ncgoaliemom · 0 replies · 1659 views
NC Forum
Sheryl28518 · 0 replies · 2691 views