One week and a day later

Kim M.
on 7/7/11 5:30 am - NC
Hi Friends, just wanted to share with you once again.  I had my surgery June 29th. I came home Friday the 1st.  My pain was minimal and I'm getting around very well. I had my tube removed on the 5th and feel even better.  I still find it a little hard to sleep in my bed and stay asleep, but it's ok. I knew what was to be expected and just glad I made the decision to have RNY..
Kim    
Barbara C.
on 7/7/11 2:16 pm - Raleigh, NC

Hi Kim,

I'm glad to hear that you are doing so well. I think that you will find that sleeping will get easier and easier. Make sure that you are staying hydrated and getting up to walk around every hour or so that you are awake. It not only helps to move the gas that was used during surgery, but it also helps keep things like the rare DVT that can happen after any surgery at bay. 

Barbara
ObesityHelp Coach and Support Group Leader
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bcumbo_group/
High-264, Current-148, Goal-145

Kermit P.
on 7/8/11 10:52 am
KIm......it took me about 2-3 weeks to feel like I could sleep well and REALLY enjoy my bed....I am a stomach sleeper so was in there the night I got my drain out....oh happy day!  I was fatigued for the first few weeks but now feel better and better. I still need a lot of sleep though.  Keep drinking and soon you will be on pureeds....I felt so much less anxious when I was off of liquids (although I STILL get nervous trying new foods).

Good luck!

~~Jennifer
HW/232       CW/145.2       GW/???
Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 595 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1630 views
12 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 1314 views
Raleigh area doctors