Histories

Kim D.
on 8/5/03 12:26 pm - Nashua, NH
Okay so this board seems to be stagnating. So here i am to liven it up. Lets here some histories and how you came to decide to do this for yourself. My story is easy. I have been fat my whole life and i hate it. I am starting to get co-morbidities, well i take that back, the comorbidities that i have had for a long time are starting to be diagnosed, so i have some friends who have had the procedure done with great results. I have two little kids and want to see my great- grandchildren, soooooooooooo i had to do something!!! Come on everyone what is your story?!?! Hugssss and love and stuff, Kim
(deactivated member)
on 8/6/03 9:22 am - haverhill, MA
Hi Kim, I am Kim from Haverhill Ma (if I sneeze...I'll land in NH). I decided to have WLS when I was 39 and weighed 248 pounds. My blood pressure was high and rising and so was my blood sugar. My feet were throbbing all the time. I finally decided to talk to my Pcp and he supported the idea of WLS. I did my research and someone from the Obesity help site suggested I see Dr Robinson at Brigham & Women's hosp in Boston. It was a good match. I had my Open RNY on Feb 7th, 2002 and have been on the road to good health ever since. I am so happy that I did this!
kathyb
on 8/10/03 1:38 am - Nashua, NH
Hi Kim, I also have been fat all my life. I could always lose the weight but then gained it back plus. The final straw was last year. I was having chest pains and ended up at the emergency room. The doctor who was covering for my doctor had the nerve to say to me that 'what did I expect with the lifestyle that I led.' 'it was all my own fault'. The next day I called up my PCP and made an appointment to talk about WLS. At the time, at 5'3" I was 238. They were just starting up the program at SNHMC. I was determined to finally once and for all tackle my weight problem. I was the third patient to have the surgery there on February 10 of this year - six months ago today. Down 70 pounds from day of surgery, 93 pounds total.
stephanie B.
on 8/14/03 3:34 am - salem, nh
Ok here some history about me. I have been overwieght my whole life sure I would lose wieght look great for about a second then it would all come back on and then some... I was tired of it and it seemed like it wasnt working for me. I didnt like myself that way I wanted to change and I did the research about the whole thing. and researched the doctors to. I liked Dr. Lautz. So I scheduled an appointment with him. Man it took along along time for the whole processes!! But I am glad i did it I am about 7 months out and down 100 pounds. Would do it again. Theres my story
nealsmom
on 8/18/03 12:14 am - Salem, NH
Hi everyone, I'm Michelle, I live in Salem, NH. I just had lap RNY at Beth Israel Deaconess in Boston on 7/15/03. I decided to have the surgery because of all the health issues I've got & they are getting worse. I've been on blood pressure med's for 11 years (I'm only 39) & the dr. says I've maxed them out (4 a day). I sleep with a CPAP, borderline diabetes, retain water terribly, thyroid disease, asthma. I didn't do this to become a size 5, I did it to become healthier. Being overweight has never stopped me from doing the things I love - until recently. I have an 11 yr. old son & I want to be around to see his kids!
April O.
on 9/14/03 9:20 am - Southern, NH
I've been overweight my whole life. In high school, I was probably only twenty pounds overweight, but even that "little" bit destoryed my self esteem. I have tried every diet out there, and usually ended up gaing fiteen to twenty pounds with each attempt. I now weigh 270. My periods have stopped, and I have stopped ovulating. My ob/gyn put me on medication to help me ovulate because I am trying to get pregnant. I would like to have a baby, and then have the surgery.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Canobie Lake Park
senyoshida · 0 replies · 471 views
Plastic surgeon ?
jmere · 0 replies · 808 views
Dartmouth.. dr truss
Debberz · 1 replies · 1567 views
CMC lifestyle chances class
morgansmom12 · 0 replies · 5034 views