ANYONE OUT THERE???

jellyroll
on 3/16/04 12:34 am - NH
Is there anyone having this procedure in NH soon? I think this is the lonliest message boards in the site! I would love to email anyone who is having an upcoming surgery or has already had the surgery! For those of you I have talked to Thank you again! Chris
KRISTIN R.
on 3/16/04 5:11 am - DEERING, NH
HI CHRIS, MY NAME IS KRISTIN AND I AM FINISHED WITH MY TESTING AND SUPPORT GROUP MEETINGS AND AM JUST WAITING FOR MY APPOINTMENT WITH TH PA AND DIETICIAN. THE WAITING IS THE WORST!!! IT IS GREAT TO SEE SOMEONE FROM THE SAME AREA. ARE YOUR HAVING YOUR SURGERY SOON? EMAIL ME BACK IT WOULD BE GREAT TO CHAT. HAVE A GREAT DAY. KRISTIN
Christine P.
on 4/1/04 6:21 am - Keene, NH
Hello Kristin, My name is Chris and I also am waiting for my appointment with the dietician. Are you going to Dartmouth Hitch**** I am a little fustrated with the administration up there. I have sent and re-sent them the information that they requested and they seem never to be able to find it. I say they, but it is a person called Pegs. Do you deal with her? I just want my appointment, and she keeps telling me that she was on vacation or the nurse was on vacation. It appears that they need to hire so help up there, to handle the paperwork, they seem very disorganized! Has this been your experence? Keep in touch, Chris
Cerian H.
on 4/28/04 8:41 pm - Peterborough, NH
Hi everyone, I'm only returning to this site after changing my mind about having the surgery. Well, now I've changed it back. Chris from Keene, can I ask who your PCP is? I see a doctor at the clinic in Keene and he is very much against this surgery, which makes it just that much more difficult to get the ball rolling. Looking forward to reading more! Cerian
Sylvia P.
on 4/29/04 3:19 am - winchester, NH
Cerian, Hi, my name is Sylvia and I will be having my surgery in Brattleboro on May 12th. Going to Dr. Bookwalter is close by my home in Winchester. Talking to others from NH, I guess I have had it easier. There are no groups to talk with and DHMC makes you do that. I did get the psyche eval, ultrasound, dietician consult, MD consult, labs, etc. but it hasn't been bad. Keep your chins up and keep working at it. It seems like it has taken a long time, six months, but I am almost there. Oh, Dr. B does OPEN RNY, does not do laprascopic. Good luck and drop a line
Cerian H.
on 4/29/04 10:20 am - Peterborough, NH
Hi Sylvia I never thought about going to another state for the procedure. Thats one of the problems, finding someone local to meet with as per the requirements. An hour-hour and half drive one way is a little off-putting. Personally I'd lean toward open anyway. When I had my son four years ago my abdomon muscles seperated and I was told the only way to fix it is with surgery, which the surgeon I spoke to (at the time I thought it was a hernia) wouldn't recommend. But if they were in there anyways.... Thanks for the reply! Cerian
Christine P.
on 4/29/04 5:55 am - Keene, NH
Hi Cerian, My PCP is Dr. Boule, she has been very supportive. I say that if there is not a good reason for your doctor to be against your surgery either physically or mentally then you should find another doctor. You need to have someone in the area that surports your decision. Chris
Christine P.
on 4/29/04 6:08 am - Keene, NH
Hi Everyone, Well, I went down to Boston last week for a consultation and it was a waste of time. First they want $500. up front that they are calling a program fee. They say it is to cover expences of phone calls and the dietition etc. And then they would not accept the weight loss of 22 lbs. that I have done since Feb. And then they said that they can not book the surgery until October which was completly different than what I was told on the phone. SOOOO, I have abandon that idea. I have made an appointment at CMC in Manchester for May 5th. The Director said that they will take my weight loss and I have sent them all of my records. So my hopes are up again. I'll let you know. Chris
Cerian H.
on 4/29/04 9:19 am - Peterborough, NH
Hi Chris. Thanks for the info. Just found her on my cigna website, but apparently she's not accepting new patients. Wish there were a way to pinpoint the doctors who aren't against this procedure. There's a lot of doctors at the clinic who I wouldn't want as my PCP, and I hate to do the rounds til I find one I like and who would work with me. good luck to you! Ceri
nealsmom
on 3/23/04 6:14 am - Salem, NH
Hi there, My name is Michelle & I live in Salem, NH. I had my surgery in Boston 8 months ago (7/15/03). I've lost 87lbs & feel awesome. No problems at all - except a li'l hair loss, but that has stopped & it's coming back in. Best thing I've ever done for myself. Good luck, Michelle
Most Active
Recent Topics
Canobie Lake Park
senyoshida · 0 replies · 471 views
Plastic surgeon ?
jmere · 0 replies · 808 views
Dartmouth.. dr truss
Debberz · 1 replies · 1567 views
CMC lifestyle chances class
morgansmom12 · 0 replies · 5034 views