Hotel in El Paso

JC H.
on 1/4/10 11:25 am - albuquerque, NM
Hello to all,  I got the call today i was approved for WLS and now i have wait for Del Sol to call for first appointment.

So to my question in good price hotel in el paso, budget is low i been save for this. Any good idea's would help.

Have happy new year.
jessicam
on 1/7/10 1:32 pm - Albuquerque, NM
Hi JC,

I am happy to hear you got your approval.  I got my approval the day before Thanksgiving and they called me about a week later to set up my appointment, I had it today.  I am with Pres so everything is done for me, today they gave me a paper for my primary doc to sign and get some blood work done and an ekg and chest x-ray.  They said as soon as I get it to them my surgery will be schd at about 3 weeks from then!    It is a long day that is for sure.  We left this morning about 3am and got home tonight about 7, but we did stop and do some shopping first.  So I can't help you with the hotels.  I understand the hospital will give you a list of some that will give you a discount. 

Everything sure has gone by quickly but I am so ready for it!  Good luck, keep me updated on your journey!

P.S.  I tried to confirm your friend request but it just leads me to a blank page... not sure whats going on.

JC H.
on 1/7/10 1:42 pm - albuquerque, NM
Yes I got the call today and my first appointment is jan 20, but when you have the surgery our family has to stay at hotel for few days. SO can you give a heads up on your first meeting, what can expect from the staff and what the doctor may need from me. you blood work (what type).
jessicam
on 1/7/10 1:54 pm - Albuquerque, NM
For me I was the first one to get checked in and so glad I was because what they do is have you set up in a group setting there were 8 of us today.  They check you in and take you back 1  at a time to do your weight, blood pres, ect.  Then you go back and sit and wait for everyone else to get done.  They will then have a nurse come and talk to the group for about 45 min or so then the nutritionist comes and talks to the group.  When that is done they will call you back 1 at a time in the order you checked in the NUT will go over your eating habits and what you need to change before surgery then the dr will come in and do a qucik check up on you.. breathing, heart ect.  If he thinks you are good for the surgery he will send you a letter for your primary to sign with the required blood work/other tests.  I'm not sure what the tests are but it was quite a few.  Hope that helps!

And yes my family will be out there to but I have not really done the hotel thing yet, I just know they do offer discounts.   I was told by a couple people there today that they paid 45 per night and the other paid 52 per night at a different place... couldnt tell you where they were.  Sorry.

Hope this info helps!!
ahart250
on 1/10/10 5:53 pm - Los Lunas, NM
Hi!
Congratulations on your approval!  If you want a no frills, no microwave, no pool, no fridge hotel, stay at the Red Roof Inn.  Its right off I 10. We got it for the week of my surgery (five days) for less than $250.00.  It was clean and right by Cracker Barrel (which was good for my husband). 

Good Luck!
A
panorris
on 1/18/10 11:47 am - Las Cruces, NM
There is a Hampton Inn at exit 25 off I-10 (the airport exit).  Del Sol is about 3 miles from there.  There is also a Holiday Inn at the same exit.  I've stayed at the Hampton Inn.  It's typical for the chain.

Pat

Starting Weight:  282 lbs.
Day of surgery:  224 lbs
Current weight: 116.0 lbs
Goal weight:  135 lbs.

Little_lotta
on 12/21/10 1:40 am - Albuquerque, NM
Hi, I know this is almost one year too late for you, but I just recently went through the surgery process etc. in Texas and this is what I did.  The first trip for the initial consultation we stayed at the La Quinta (recommended by Dr. Acosta's office) we paid 69.00 for one night with our AARP discount.  Turns out if you mention you are a patient of Dr Acosta you get the room per night for 49.00.  We didn't know... anyway it turned out to be a bad experience.  The room was not very clean, the blankets were pilled and worn.  I didn't want to go back there.

Next visit, I bid on price line for a room.  We got the Fairfield Inn (marriott) for 40.00 a night.  We booked it for a week.  It had a small refrigerator and microwave.  There is a complimentary breakfast bar.  It was extremely clean.  It took 25 minutes to get to Dr. Acosta's office.  We thought it was worth it.

For my two week follow up appointment, we tried priceline again, but couldn't get the 40.00 rate so I went to Expedia and bid on a three star hotel (there's only two in El Paso) and got El Camino Real (downtown) for 54.00 a night.  We stayed there 2 nights.  We had a wonderful time.  It  was beautiful and really enjoyed our stay.

Dr. Acosta's office has an agreement with Comfort inn and La Quinta.  If they forget to tell you, ask them.  And don't forget to mention your a patient of Del Sol Dr's Acosta and Lara.

Hope this helps anyone who is going to stay in El Paso.
Most Active