Had RNY on 7/26/10....finally

mlluster
on 7/30/10 3:49 pm - albuquerque, nm
Just looking for any advice, feedback, etc....on what to expect.  I had Dr. Lara from Del Sol in El Paso.  He was awesome!  HATE the benefiber shakes!  Vitamins...yuck!  Otherwise seem to be doing ok.  I know this journey will be difficult, but I am looking forward to my new healthy life!  Thanks in advance for any advice.  Melissa
jessicam
on 8/2/10 4:14 pm - Albuquerque, NM
Hi,

I have to agree with you, the shakes are awful!!! Just take it easy, you will be ok I promise. Just remember to walk, walk, walk and sip, sip, sip. Take it easy don't forget you just had major surgery. Before you know it you will be feeling great and on the road to a healtier you. Good luck.

mlluster
on 7/12/12 7:38 pm - albuquerque, nm
I will be 2 years post-op on July 26th. I have remained stable for about 8months at 110-115. I feel great! I do still have issues with loose skin. I was told by the plastic surgeon that assessed me that I was lucky because he felt that the amount of loose skin that I have was minimal given the large amount of weight I lost in a short period time. I Was wondering if anyone has any advice that could help me get the insurance company to cover the cost.
panorris
on 8/21/10 6:10 am - Las Cruces, NM
Congratulations on having your surgery.  I had my surgery 17 months ago in NJ,  but am following up with the doctors from Del Sol.  My advice to you is to follow the instructions carefully for as long as you can.  By sticking to the diet, making sure you get in enough protein and water, and taking your supplements, the weight will come off.  We all lose at different rates, so don't be discouraged if it does not fall off right away.  I was a slow loser, but I continued to lose steadily until about 3 months ago.  Now I am 18 pounds below my goal weight.  Once you feel up to it, exercise daily.  It really helps.  Good luck with your journey.

Pat

Starting Weight:  282 lbs.
Day of surgery:  224 lbs
Current weight: 116.0 lbs
Goal weight:  135 lbs.

Most Active