Anybody here have the bypass?

LoriN76
on 2/23/12 7:55 am
 Hi there, i'm so glad i found this site.  I've been reading through but don't see anybody who's had the same surgery as me the bypass.  I didn't have my surgery here in NS but back hom in BC before moving out here.  Anyways, i have been gaining my weight back and i'm at a loss for how to get it off.  I didn't lose all my weight before and now it's all back.  I was thinking of starting up some water classes and weigh****chers, since they have a new club nearby.  Does anyone goes to these? Also is there a way to know what kind of diet i should start out with again, how many calories.  It seems i can eat more now so i think my stomach got bigger too.  
Lori
coreena691
on 2/23/12 11:25 am, edited 2/23/12 12:52 pm - Beaver Bank, Canada
Hi Lori,
Welcome to the NS board.  
I'm not sure where you are located but in the HRM we have some support groups if you would like to attend.  The one I facilitate is a private group for people who have had wls and are looking to share support.  
A couple of our members have had the bypass surgery and I'm sure they would love to share tips and ideas with you on how to get back on track if that's something you're interested in.  As well some of our members do attend water classes and WW and you could buddy up with them.
It's normal for your pouch to have some stretching after some time.  Perhaps you can discuss this with your family doctor and have some follow ups with tests to check your volume.  

Please know that you're not alone with this struggle to keep the weight off.  I too have walked that path and recently had a revision to help with restriction.  If you have any questions, feel free to msg me privately or give me a shout via email at [email protected]

Our group name is Owlss and we've been meeting on a monthly basis for over a year at a location in the HRM backed by a NS funded program (You can find our listing in a directory circulated at your local medical centre and read our article in the newsletter).  We also have an active Facebook group which is private that I can add you to via email contact.  Feel free to join us and you'll find we have lots of friendly tips or just a shoulder to lean on.  

Wishing you all the best. 

Coreena Hale
Owlss 
Founder/group facilitator
[email protected]

VBG June 1991 - Revision to VSG May 12, 2011

LoriN76
on 2/24/12 8:46 am
LoriN76
on 2/25/12 10:59 am
 Thanks Coreena. Any help is appreciated. 
Lori

Most Active