Intro, New & Need Some Direction

jalara
on 4/19/12 2:15 pm
Hi everyone! I'm from NS and I've been to my doc 3 times about my weight. I am beyond morbidly obese. And I've been big since I was a little girl.

In January I started noticing that I am retaining fluid in my legs and my BP is creeping up quickly. I'm 31.

So today I saw my doc again and she said I'm not trying hard enough. She wouldn't refer me anywhere or even offer me any help herself. She said if I want to see someone I have to find a name and contact info and she will write the referral.

I was wondering is anyone could help me out? Point me in the direction of anyone in NS I could see for help? She told me I have a week.

Thanks in advance!

nsblue
on 4/19/12 7:27 pm - Brookfield. NS, Canada
Hi Jalara,
You will find all info on the NS Obesity Network Website http://www.cdha.nshealth.ca/obesity-network  there you will find the consult download for the consult form as well as all information you need about the Weight Loss Program.

There is a long wait list. The program is a good one and does teach you many things needed in this journey before WLS.
Good luck as your journey begins, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. I once was super morbidly obese at 600 pounds...I've been there. I remember when my legs swelled so much and the would split and seep. I had high blood pressure and diabetes/ insulin dependant.

Jackie00
on 4/22/12 6:40 am
That would be Dr Ellsmere in Halifax that does the surgery here in NS.

A few of us didn't want to wait 10 plus years and travelled to Mexico to have it done, it cost roughly 6100 with the flight, you can claim this on income tax.
Sleeved 15-Sept-2011 HW 294 Pre op weight 285 SW 279 GW 145?
Pre op 6 lbs lost, M1 - 23 lbs M2 - 11 lbs M3 - 12 M4 - 6 M5 -10 M6 -10 M7 -7 M8 - 4 M9 - 4
M10- 4 M11 - 5 M12 - 0

Most Active