Clinic Referral

JoyceSen
on 5/28/12 8:50 am - Canada
 I have been waiting 4 years and finally have an appointment in July for a weight loss surgery clinic. They say this is the first step in being considered for surgery. Has anyone been turned down and if so, why?  I hate to think I have been waiting this long and may be rejected as a candidate.  I am 48 years ols and I'm not sure how much more yoyo dieting I can take and still keep putting on more weight as the years go by. 

nsblue
on 5/28/12 6:35 pm - Brookfield. NS, Canada
The info session...the first step is just a basic introduction of NS`s Weight Loss Program and the VSG. Having an invite to it means YOU are going to have weight loss surgery IF YOU do as the program tells you. YOU and only YOU are the one who will decide if you are having surgery or not. They will tell you what you need to do...do what they say.and you will have WLS,... dont do as they say and WLS will be at a grasp beyond your reach..... the choice is yours.

You will meet the Weight Loss Team...they will lay everything out for you...then the ball is in your court. They will give you the opportunity to do what you should....then bring you back in for a one on one(usually 3-6 months...one never knows so you have to get on the ball and do as they say) to see IF you did everything. If they see you did...upon having your one on one...WLs is usually within a month.
My info session was in june...my one on one was november..i was operated on in december. my wait for my one on one was longer for the program had delays that year...this year is very different and i am hearin some are having their one on ones within 2-3 months....things are moving fast this year so be forewarned. DO what you need to do girly ...you have the gold ring!!!.. and wls will be yours...it is UP TO YOU!!

JoyceSen
on 5/29/12 7:13 am - Canada
Thanks so much for posting so quickly. I am sooo relieved to read your words. I was worried as I have been working towards weight loss for so many years. It's such an uphill battle but your words of encouragement are a wonderful push. Thanks.
Citykitty
on 7/20/12 8:39 pm - Sydney, Canada
Hi,

I went for the info session in August of 2010.  They told us we would be hearing from them within the year.  Then I got busy with some online schooling.  I got my call to go back in March of 2011 and they told me I was not ready because I had not lost any weight.  I'd been concentrating so hard on school I forgot about me.  So they asked me to come back in June of 2011 and by that time I'd lost about 15 lbs and had my food logs all completed for them.  They then told me I was ready and I was done In August of 2011.  Sooo, when they tell you at the info session to start losing weight, they mean business.  If you want to get in soon you have to prove to them that you are serious.

Hope this helps.

JoyceSen
on 7/21/12 12:00 pm - Canada
 Thanks for that. I have been following their diet now for a couple of weeks and am down 12pounds.  I start the next phase tomorrow and know that the loss will not be as quick but I am logging everything for them. I hope I don't have to wait too long.  Thanks again.
Most Active