3 years out and need to get serious about WL again

Stacy71
on 3/6/12 10:44 pm - OH
It's been a couple of years since I've been on this site.  Having GB surgery was the best decision I ever made.  I noticed lately, however, that I have been very lazy in managing my weight loss and exercise.  I'm starting to put on weight (about 15 pounds) and I need to stop it before I let it get out of hand.  Does anyone have any quick start ideas or ways that motivated you to start again.  Looking for advise, have the desire, but not sure how to get started.
susanrdal
on 3/9/12 11:50 am - mayfield heights, OH
 Hi Stacy,
Getting back to the basics is the best thing, plenty of protein, lots of water etc.
Also, I find it helpful to keep a food diary of everything I eat during the day.  I use an online app called "my daily plate" .  You would be surprised how quickly things can add up when you dont pay attention.

Good Luck,
Susan

Tammy H.
on 3/10/12 12:20 am - Greenville, OH
 Do you belong to a support group?  If not, I would search to find one in your area...If there's none in your area, then start one...My friend Marlene and I did that almost 4 years ago...We hold a meeting once a month...We named our group * Little by Little*...Come spring we are going to put fliers up around town, and put a few articles in the local papers...I would love to see our group a little bigger...Mainly my goal is to make people aware of our group, that there is a place to go for help and support...

Just a few ideas that might help you...

1.  go on a liquid diet for 3 or 4 days( broth, sugar free jello, water)...then introduce fat free cottage cheese, canned tuna packed in water...After a few more days, then concentrate on fixing healthy meals using baked chicken, broiled fish, salads, veggies, fruit, and etc...Be careful of the calories and fat grams in salad dressings...

2.  Make out a weekly menu and stick to it...Plan a breakfast, midmorning snack, then lunch, afternoon snack, supper, and then an evening snack...

3.  Make out a grocery list and only buy items that is on the list...Fresh foods such as meats, veggies, fruits are always better than canned, prepackaged foods...

4.  Drink lots of water 

5.  Walk, do some form of exercise...perhaps get someone to work out with you, which usually helps staying on task.

6.  Ask a family member or friend to eat healthy with you...Keep in contact daily with said person...encouraging each other...Sharing new recipes, and if local get together and make healthy meals together.

7.  Stay focused...hold your head up high, and tell yourself daily that you are doing this for YOURSELF...Pat yourself on the back when you do good...ALways give yourself praises for all your accomplishments, and don't focus on the bad...Perhaps weigh once a week, journal your results...While you are at it, write down your feelings daily...Jot down reasons why you ate it, was you hungry, bored, lonely, upset?  

I hope these ideas help...Good luck!!!

Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only TRUE FRIENDS will leave footprints in your heart...And may that friendship have such a ONENESS that when one weeps the other will taste salt...Friends are like balloons ; once you let them go you can't get them back....So I'm going to tie you to my heart so I never lose you.

Stacy71
on 3/12/12 3:52 am - OH
Thanks Ladies....I realize appreciate your insight and input.  I think tomorrow our start all over like I just had surgery and see where it leads me.  I like the idea of a liquid diet and more protein.  I may even go buy some protein shakes or suppplements as I haven't had any in a long time. Again thanks so much for leading me in the right direction.  I'll let you know how I'm doing and best luck to both of you as well.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello Ohio!
ShanaC · 1 replies · 1130 views
Akron/Cleveland Folk
Daniel B. · 0 replies · 1508 views
Fresh Start Bariatric
Sassylike · 1 replies · 2388 views
Looking for Dr.
Beantowngal2 · 0 replies · 2290 views