JULY 14th! It's almost here!

shanamini
on 6/27/03 11:41 am - Hamilton, OH
I am getting nervous! and excited! But nervous still! Practically ahve everything I need for the hospital stay, and afterwards! ny suggestions? Or words of wisdom? I'll be at University of Cincinnati, in case you all wanted to know... Until then, stay happy! ~ Cyndi
Andrea F.
on 6/27/03 1:01 pm - West CHester, oh
Good Luck Cyndi! I'm pre-op so I don't have any advice, but I'll send prayers your way!
Jamie M.
on 6/27/03 3:09 pm - fairfield, OH
That is the same day as mine. I am so excited and nervous I ahve nothing ac yet I have no idea what to take any suggestions would be apprecaited. My sirgery will be at Mercy South In Fairfield
snicklefritz
on 6/27/03 6:55 pm - Cincinnati, OH
please check out our support group's website at www.imnotfatanymore.com. Please come to our meeting on Friday 07/11/03. We have a super group and we also have a list of things we suggest for the hospital. Join our site its free. Make sure you send Sandy your information. Good luck. Soon you will be a big loser
shanamini
on 6/28/03 2:47 am - Hamilton, OH
Thanks you all... Jack, I think I get the message, but I'm not into support groups... and no, that wasn't me at your last one... Jamie, I tried to email you, but "the server is down" so here's the message: Hiya Jamie! We should keep in touch, as I am only minutes from Mercy in Fairfield! I have a list of things you'll need for when you're in the hospital, and for when you come home... Hospital stay: chapstick, loose clothes for when you leave, slippers (as you should be doing a lot of walking after the surgery (to prevent clots) ), books on tape (you can get them at the library, Lane has a great collection). For home: Cottonelle wipes, and salad tongs (to make it easier to wipe your rear after the surgery ), baby food, a blender, some of your protein, flintstone vitamins, nutritional supplements preferred by your doctor, a timer (I think this will helpo remind you when and for how long to eat) ~ my doctor is kinda picky about that ~ , and store up on your crystal light. (I hate water) OH! and don't forget your flavor extracts, orange, almond, mint, etc. (So you can vary the flavors of your nutritional supplements) and Sweet and Low. ((Also, in your closet is probably an out fit you never threw away because "Someday I'm going to fit into that again"... Pull it out, and keep it in sight. I can't wait until I can wear mine again! Try to email me so we can keep in touch: [email protected] Good luck! ~Cyndi
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello Ohio!
ShanaC · 1 replies · 1136 views
Akron/Cleveland Folk
Daniel B. · 0 replies · 1515 views
Fresh Start Bariatric
Sassylike · 1 replies · 2394 views
Looking for Dr.
Beantowngal2 · 0 replies · 2294 views