Recent Posts

kathpf
on 2/9/10 10:22 pm - oologah, OK
Topic: RE: This is funny...kinda....I guess
What part of the Philippines are you in?  How have you adjusted to driving in the traffic if you are in a city?  Is that volcano still rumbling?  On the upside you are totally missing all of the cold/snow/ice that we have been having.  Has there been much of a "culture shock" moving there?  I'm sure that the cities are pretty westernized, I would think living in a rural area would take some getting used to.

grandmaree
on 2/9/10 9:28 pm - Blanchard, OK

My husband is from the Philippines and we moved here so I could "retire" at 44 and have a live-in maid, etc.....

Anyway, at 5'2" I AM tall by their standards!!  Yes, they probably see me as blonde, too, since I am brunette and not dark brown/black.  I wear large shirts (because I am still carrying H cup boobs), and size 12 pants (could probably wear smaller if I had panniculectomy).  Here, I have to buy 2X shirts and I don't have a clue what size pants because I haven't tried any on, yet...but their pant sizes run by waist size (I think).

Unfortunately, they love snack foods here!!  Aisles and aisles of chips and cookies are everywhere!!  They are constantly snacking in this country.....they eat breakfast, then 2 hours later they what is called "merinda" (snack), then they eat lunch another couple of hours later, then a few hours later another merienda, then dinner.  believe me, it is very hard NOT to snack here!!

kathpf
on 2/9/10 8:36 pm - oologah, OK
Wow moved to a totally different country, how did that happen?  Are you a "tall blonde" by their standards?  I had a friend who went to Colombia who was about 5'7" and burnett but since she didn't have black hair they called her a tall blonde LOL.  I have seen some of the food they have there, I have to say that I probably wouldn't have trouble not snacking there and loosing weight.  Out of curiousity what size are you in US sizes?

kathpf
on 2/9/10 8:32 pm - oologah, OK
Topic: RE: WHAT HAPPENED
I'm really wanting to get out on the track at my daughters school but I'm too big of a weenie to do it below freezing.

grandmaree
on 2/9/10 5:46 pm - Blanchard, OK
Topic: This is funny...kinda....I guess

Hi all,

I haven't posted here in a long time.  Had my surgery a year ago New Year's Eve, have lost 100 pounds since surgery, but a total off 130 pounds since I started the whole weight loss surgery journey.  All I ever wanted was my health back and to feel "normal".  I have accomplished everything I wanted, I am so happy and feeling so good!!  So, I moved to the Philippines in July, and when out shopping I find that I now must buy "Plus Sizes" again!!  The ladies here so small that it totally throws me into the fat girl category again!!  AND, according to their weight/height charts I am obese again!!  Well, kind of depressing....but I guess it is like comparing apples to oranges......I am a different nationality with different traits, etc.....anyway...just wanted to share with you guys!!  Now I feel like I need WLS again over here!!!

Marie

karrenn
on 2/9/10 2:11 pm
Hi ladies and guys, I'm out here.  I had a lapband in May 2009. Had a fill yesterday using a flouroscope.  Its alot better than having it done in the office.  Anyway,  this cold Ok. weather makes it hard for me to exercise but I do try and walk everyday or get on my bike for a couple of miles.
I need all the support out there.  I wish there where more support meetings through my doctors office. Anyway,  we are here for each other.

crazigrannynette
on 2/9/10 2:03 pm - Mcalester, OK
Topic: RE: MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!
In Tulsa Surgical Associates...I used Dr. Kevin fisher and feel he is great - I recently saw him and was told they will be moving their group to Bailey hospital in Owasso (where Gorospe used to be) but they will still have their current location also.

I think the move to Owasso is a good thing - this way the nursing staff will be familiar  with wls  - St. Francis had some nurses trained and then others weren't it was more a make sure you know what your suppose to do so you didn't get messed up, when I was at St. Francis/

soldiersxbabygirl
on 2/9/10 1:33 pm - Cibolo, TX
Yeah, I'm still coming to the Fashion Show on the 19th.  It's at 7PM at the Cowboy Hall of Fame, right??

I am just making sure of the time.  I'm excited to see y'all again.

I do wish this board was more active...   I miss everyone posting here like they used to.

~ Renae

~*Renae*~ Open RNY 8/3/04 **  (rockmyskinnyjeans on MFP)
Post-op Mommy x 2 (Krysten 12/1/05 Tyson 10/3/08) 334/303/136/135

Friend me on FB: http://www.facebook.com/airmansxprincess

punkalicious8
on 2/9/10 11:39 am - Broken Arrow, OK
Topic: RE: Its me again
Hey Mary...glad you are still hanging in there. I'm sorry it isn't up yet but it will get there and then you'll be on your way!! Keep your thoughts positive :)

Patiurple
on 2/9/10 11:24 am - Wheatland, OK
renae i so agree! it seems when folks get a yr out they forget that there were post ops like us here to help them and that they need to pay it forward.
like you i think whats the point of posting seems like no one ever answers...
btw if you are coming to the fashion show come on i rsvp for u

being healthy has its rewards....take the challenge and just do it
Most Active
Recent Topics