Wendy's chili question

Linda C.
on 9/9/11 9:36 am
At what stage might you be able to eat Wendy's chili?

If you puree it, would it fit into that phase, or is it later - in the soft foods, or even beyond that? 

I thought that I would initially try their chili to see if I could tolerate it, rather than make a pot and find out it didn't agree with me.

Linda C.
_______________ My  is jennifer_rpn______________________________
Includes 72 lbs lost prior to Optifast;  additional 20 lbs lost on Optifast

ms_dar
on 9/9/11 9:45 am - Canada
I was almost at the 3 month post op when I first tried a few bites on a weekend trip.  It was great but VERY FILLLING!  Be aware that it does contain beef and we aren't supposed to eat beef until 6 months out.  If you are a U.S. shopper you can find canned turkey chili which might fit better into your puree plans.

Mariann M.
on 9/9/11 9:56 am - Washago , Canada
From HRRH they suggest it be started at the soft foods stage
StevesGal
on 9/9/11 10:06 am - Hamilton, Canada
Every clinic has different rules, but the basic rule of thumb is, unless you've already tried each ingredient separately (ie, hamburger, kidney beans, etc.) then you might want to do that first, just incase you do have a reaction (dumping?).  That way, you can figure out just what caused it rather than write off the chili altogether.  But I wouldn't attempt it on the puree stage.  You're pouch is still very sensitive.  Stick to what's recommended by your clinic.

Me personally, I can't seem to handle beef yet, so I'm going to make my own turkey chili next week.  But first, I need to experiment with a new pasta sauce I bought.  The family's regular kind goes right thru me.

Beth

Former RNY patient revising to Sleeve then DS.
Appts: Dietitian - January 21/19; July 16/19, August 13/19, September 17/19, October 15/19; Social Worker: August 23/19; DS Orientation: March 20/19; Internist: September 30/19; Surgeon: November 13/19 (signed consent).
Surgery Date: February 28/20.

MY RNY DIDN'T FAIL ME - I FAILED IT.

missingmanny
on 9/9/11 10:52 am - Canada
I thought you might find it interesting that I had Wendy's chili at three weeks out...approved by my U.S. surgeon...we had only 2 weeks of full fluids and then on to pureed foods...Didn't have to puree the chili, though, and it went down great...All the best,

HW 268  SW 261  CW 166GW 170 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com    

Andrew Thompson
on 9/10/11 12:00 am - Canada
@ 3 month for me.

Wendy's a difficult one. You want to try it, but what happens if it upsets in the restaurant. Luckily I had no problems but did find it very filling. A small lasted me 2-3 meals.

Before the surgery I kept putting things off. I was never good enough. One of the benefits of WLS is that you start to believe in yourself. Check out my blog:
All Things CPAP

(deactivated member)
on 9/10/11 3:47 am - Canada
 wendys chilli is DELICIOUS!  it gives me a happy weewee  hell i rub a lil bit into my hair when ive had a bad day.
Jennifer D.
on 9/10/11 1:14 pm
R u on crack??? Someone got into your account??
                                      Jennifer
          Thank you Cheri and Holly!
       Think twice, cut once! I've had 3 surgeries now, RNY, VSG and DS .
                                Ask me about the DS or visit dsfacts.com
2002 - RNY
2010 - RNY to VSG
2011 - Full DS-August 24th
                HW 311   SW 306  CW 235  GW 150
Mary A.
on 9/12/11 2:27 am

wonderful suggestions...every clinic is different with different recommendations on when to begin something..I agree with Beth..if you haven't tried the ingredients separately..be a bit cautious...

when I tried new foods (while eating out)..I made sure to do it when I could easily get home...sometimes...things aren't tolerate very well the 1st time...try again a month later and it's WONDERFUL!!!

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Most Active
Recent Topics