Ok, so I met w Dr.Aarts today...

fxygal
on 1/11/13 3:39 pm

because of the extreme fatigue. Turns out all of my blood work came back normal, yay. But my bp was 90/48 - pretty low. I'm not or have ever been on bp meds so for right now I just have to rest and continue w the eating and drinking. I have to go back next week again cause she was concerned about the extent of my weakness. we'll see what happens I guess.

Andrea 

oct'12 - 230lbs, pre opti - 219, post opti - 209

sweet_sylvie
on 1/11/13 10:00 pm
Do you know if they can give med's when you just got the surgery? I was pregnant 5 times and I always low bp, and I had a surgery, and then again I was really weak and I didn't like that!
fxygal
on 1/12/13 10:38 am

I know that there are medications for low bp, but im not sure if or when they would give them to us post op. Good luck!

Julia P.
on 1/11/13 10:03 pm - Canada
RNY on 10/16/12

I'm sorry to hear that you're still having issues. I hope that after a good weekend of rest, that you'll be feeling much better!

Referral - December 2011 * Orientation TWH - March 13th, 2012 * Nurse Practitioner - April 17th, 2012 * Nutrition Class - April 17th, 2012 * Social Worker - April 24th, 2012 * Dietician - May 1st, 2012 * Psych - May 1st, 2012 * Surgeon - August 17th, 2012 * PATTS - Sept. 12th, 2012 * SURGERY TEGH, Dr. Cyriac - October 16th, 2012

Starting Weight - 320 lbs   *   Current Weight - 178 lbs  *  Goal Weight - 165 lbs 

mermaidz
on 1/11/13 10:34 pm - Brampton, Canada

That's my normal pressure. For me. Not necessarily for you.

Are you eating/drinking/sleeping enough? Getting in all your vitamins etc?

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.  

fxygal
on 1/12/13 10:45 am

hi mermaidz,

Ive been eating and drinking well! Getting in 80-100g of protein a day and all my vits. I guess I just need more time to heal. If I remember correctly you have fibro as well, how was your pain fibro wise post op? Im finding that mine is out of control, I had my lyrica tripled since surgery.

mermaidz
on 1/13/13 12:02 am - Brampton, Canada

I knew there had to be another factor in there

I'm just checking out your profile. From what I can tell you are a "ligtweight" as well as me? (lower end BMI?) and had recent surgery? (recent meaning 4-6 months) RnY? or sleeve?

Nice "weather" eh? There's a few other folks on here who have Fibro and there's even a forum on here about it. I didn't find it particularly helpful but you might :)

Post-op at about 6-7 weeks out, both the Lyrica and Cymbalta stopped working for me. Increasing the dosage had little effect.  The Cymbalta is a "delayed-release" capsule and having only just this minute actually read that, now I see why it's not working.  So between the meds not working, the weather being totally ****ty and being depressed (just one more sweet benefit of having Fibro)...........

If you are in pain from the Fibro, that pain wipes you out literally. Pain is stressful on your body, literally. It's also very tiring and sometimes we (me) forget and underestimate it. I can not get enough sleep without waking up in pain. So I'm tired all the time and that leaves me feeling very weak and exhausted and cranky. And in pain.  And the pain depresses me because I want to be able to exercise but I can't. It becomes a vicous cycle.

Does Dr. Aarts know that your Fibro meds don't work anymore? That you have had them increased 3 times with no affect?

I have other "issues" going on besides the Fibro and lately, I had to knock down my "wall of stubborn" and start taking pain medication (although Cymbalta is supposed to be an analgesic/antidepressant) called "Tramadol". The other options are narcotics which are highly addictive so I try to stay away from that. Both drugs make me "gap" but I'm tired of being miserable, in pain and crying. There. I said it out loud. Not easy

Let me know or write me pm if you wish. I'm seeing Dr Aarts tomorrow..

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.  

Most Active
Recent Topics