OT: TV Show - W5

Nathalie_Can
on 1/30/14 10:18 pm

Good morning everyone,

As I was getting ready this morning, I didn't get it all cuz I was far from the tv but heard them talking about WLS and how its a tool and about the critical point of 2 years post-op and blah blah blah so Tomorrow at 7:00 if you guys are interested!!

Happy weekend everyone!

Nathalie

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~    

Nathalie_Can
on 1/30/14 10:21 pm

I should have googled it before posting...lol...here's what the W5 website shows:

Two teens undergo radical measures to treat obesity, live normal lives

Regardless of age, obesity can bring on a raft of health concerns. But for children and teens, those health problems are often compounded by less obvious side effects. W5 follows two teens through a radical program to treat their obesity and help them find normal lives.

Monica M.
on 1/30/14 10:30 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada

Merci, Nat!!!

Needanewbeginning
on 1/31/14 1:53 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

Yes, I saw the ad for it last night during American idol. First thing my hubby said was wow, they do wls on young kids? Be interesting to watch this, I will for sure. 

Annette 

p.s. You had ps recently? How are you doing? 

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

sellarsgal
on 1/31/14 2:43 am - Oshawa, Canada

thanks, will be watching it for sure!

HRRH -Orientation Nov  25, Dr. Sohi Jan 17, RN,SW,Dietician Feb 19, Dr Glazer Mar 5, Dr Sohi March 12. Surgery May 28th

Nathalie_Can
on 2/1/14 11:48 am

Yep, sure did just before Christmas...it went amazing...I had no pain so no pain meds and I feel wonderful...would do it again in a heartbeat!

Zizzler
on 2/2/14 8:09 am

Watched it last night and it was interesting to see how different the two patients were in their attitude about the procedure.  Would love to see how things go for both of them a year or longer down the line.  Of course, they had the sleeve and not the rny but the girl seemed to take it really seriously and was totally determined and dedicated while the boy had more trouble with sticking to his diet etc.  Overall I found it very helpful - thank you for mentioning it!

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

Most Active
Recent Topics