Exercise and excess flab

TES
on 9/23/15 5:58 am - Ottawa, Canada

Hi folks!

I have a question for people who do a lot of walking/running.  I have been doing a LOT of walking and have recently started jogging.  The problem is, I have a ton of belly flab that wiggles and wobbles and makes horribly embarrassing slapping sounds when I really get moving (even when walking).

I've tried wearing some Spanx high waisted/mid-thigh length shorts but they are not ideal (mainly because they need to yanked up every couple of minutes when exercising).

Does anyone else have this issue and if so, what do you do to keep all your bits under control?

Thanks!

TES

This G.
on 9/23/15 6:06 am - Canada

I wear something like spanx that doesnt need to be yanked up, but goes around your bra and over the shoulder.

I am not a fan of the jello run, though a jello run like the mud run would make for a good and disastrous sporting event..... .

Surgeon: Dr Hagen. Start Opti Aug 18th. Surgery Sept 1st 2015

northernga1
on 9/23/15 6:51 am - Elliot Lake, Canada

ive seen someone post this link on facebook its similar to what the above posted talks about...... no idea if its a good company or not but just showing you a picture of what she meant. 

http://www.boardwalkbuy.ca/collections/front-page/products/w omens-bamboo-charcoal-slimming-bodysuit

Referral Feb 14 2014; Orientation July 30 2014; 1 on 1's Feb 17, 2015; Pre op May 27 2015; Surgery date June 16, 2015

Blueiiis
on 9/23/15 9:18 am - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 08/11/14

Compression garments are your best friend. They don't have to be expensive - I buy mine at old navy (just make sure they are compression). I double up by wearing Spanx tuck up under you sports bra so they don't roll.  I find that keeps all the jiggles in place lol. 

NorthernStar
on 9/23/15 12:04 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12

Get some good bottoms with a bit of compression. They will hold everything in and make you that much more comfortable. I have running crops from Lululemon and they have just enough compression to hold everything (they also smooth everything out for a nice bonus!). They're not always fun squeezing into but they're great once they're on.

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

NorthernStar
on 9/23/15 12:08 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12

Follow up to my previous post - I was just on the Lululemon site and noticed they have a new "tight" tight. Maybe pop into the store and try it on.

Now if they would just make a version for arms...

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

TES
on 9/25/15 7:25 am - Ottawa, Canada

Thanks everyone!  The compression tights sound ideal.  Most of the "jiggle" is lower down, so those could potential do the trick.  So off to Old Navy and/or Lululemon I go!

TES

B-Trix123
on 9/28/15 3:08 pm - Toronto, Canada

Just saw this on Zulily today: http://www.zulily.com/e/the-best-in-shapewear-150689.html#pid_3883413

Might be worth a try! Be sure to read the details on this site if you haven't used them before. Most things cannot be returned and may take a week or two to be delivered. I have bought a number of Plus size pieces from them and have not been disappointed.

Luckyclover84
on 9/28/15 7:39 pm - Canada

I love the spanks like tank tops I have. It holds in my belly, back and hips. There is no rolling down at the back or having to pull it down to go to the bathroom. It has amazing control!! I posted a link below so you can see. I bought two off eBay and love them! Wear them almost everyday!! 

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Sweet-Nothings-Maidenform-cami-tank-top-firm-control-XL-Black-Style-83266-/201407957515?nav=SEARCH

SW: 320, optifast: march 31/15 surgery: april 21/15 TEGH

redviking
on 10/1/15 7:51 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 07/22/14

UGH! it's terrible.  sometimes when I'm getting in or out of bed, my thighs "clap"... I don't do anything high impact, I do pilates and hiking/walking and I find that the Gap activewear is the right amount of compression for me.  I wear the capri, or ankle length compression pants and they stay up, they hold things in and they are moisture wicking.    I don't have too much of a problem on top, as long as I'm wearing a decent bra, so I can just wear a tshirt or tank top. 

Don't be embarrassed!!!  Think of those slapping sounds as applause for how hard you're working!!  I know, that is awful...sorry. I tried. :)

Referral: Nov 12   Sleep Study: Feb 13   Orientation: Feb 13  1st appt NSWD: May 13   2nd appt NSWD July 13  2nd Sleep Study: Dec 13   Post Op Nut: April 14 Meet Dr. Pereira-Hong: May 14  PATTS: July 8 14   Surgery: July 22 14

Most Active
Recent Topics