QUestion about post op

Sabrina T.
on 10/5/11 2:55 am - Orillia, Canada
I have a question, it's not a huge deal but my friends (co-workers) keep asking me.  We had made plans to go see the new Twilight movie at the midnight showing on November 18th.  Then I found out my surgery date is November 8th (YAY!)  Does anyone think I will be in any shape to go see it still?  2 hrs sitting in a movie theatre doesnt sound overly strenuous but I thought I would put the question out there for those of you who have been through it already.  

Thanks!

Sabrina
onehotmom
on 10/5/11 3:04 am
Everyone is different but, I could have done it.
Smell of popcorn would be the worst at that point.
A.    
mypita58
on 10/5/11 3:07 am - Windsor, Canada
I know you don't want to hear this but "everyone is different". I had my surgery on Sept. 2/11 and I would have not had any problems enjoying the movie if it was playing then. Best of luck. 
Glenda    
Do not pray for an easier life, pray to be stronger.    JFK            
Diminishing Dawn
on 10/5/11 3:15 am - Windsor, Canada
Most people - probably 9 out of 10 would be okay. There's always that one person though that has a rough road after surgery.  Buy your ticket, assume you will go but if you don't, it is not like you are going to be out a huge amount of money :) 

Dawn
(who was at the mall her 2nd day home but probably could not have had a fluid conversation
with ya because I was a little out of it! ).

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Nathalie_Can
on 10/5/11 3:31 am
I had surgery on Wednesday and went to see Contagion at the Imax on Saturday afternoon...lol
The only thing I made sure was that I had my protein shake before I went to have strenght and bought a bottle of water to sip throughout the movie.  @ the very beginning, maybe 15-20 minutes into the movie, I felt kinda short breath but concentrated on that, few deep breaths and I was ok after that.

All the best to you on the 8th....can't wait to hear your progress!
Nathalie

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~    

sueberman
on 10/5/11 3:51 am
I did it - I was fine in 5 days, but of course everyone's different.
Sue in Courtice
My angel is Ashleighsmom 

Monica M.
on 10/5/11 4:19 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
i could have done that, No problem.  (not that i would, that kind of sounds like torture to me. NOT a twilight fan.)

Gabygee
on 10/5/11 4:43 am - Canada
Hmmm. I'm going to diagree with everyone who's posted.
I had some trouble, and here's what it was - 
         being folded up at the waist was more than a little uncomfortable.
I did it (annual concert called Jazz Lives at Convocation Hall - old wooden folding chairs, very tight little aisles) but I was very uncomfortable by the end of the concert.

Also - and here's something that's unavoidable - gas is omnipresent the first several weeks.
And it can be very uncomfortable.
I didn't have the "involuntary expelling" problem like some others do, but I did have a lot of pressure from gas.

Try getting some Gas-X strips and having them in your purse on the day - they'll help if gas creeps up on you.

(deactivated member)
on 10/5/11 7:07 am - Canada
I went to the movies with my niece a week after surgery. I was fine but like everyone said, everyone's different.

Keep the plans, if you don't feel up to it that day you can always back out. I'm sure your friends will understand.
Most Active
Recent Topics