MAY FIRST

Pam Hart
on 4/19/11 4:54 pm - Easton, PA

Alright.  So Swede was totally the inspiration on this.  As was my return here, and the 3 mile walk I did on Sunday, and wanting to have been able to complete it "better".  My exercise has slacked majorly and I need to do something about it.

Enter:  Pics of Swede and progress in P90x  I went back and forth with him privately about the demands of it and what not.

I'm terrified.  But I'm also pumped.  I'm not sure how much of it I'll be able to do - but apparantly the slogan is "do your best and forget the rest" - so we'll go from there.

Anyway - ordered it tonight.  The game plan is to start on May 1.  Why?  Because a) I know I'll have it by then.  B)  I have off the night before so I'll sleep decently before starting it c) It's a freaking easy date to remember d) It gives me time to get things organized in my own head and get things in order (I want to do pre pics and measurements etc)

So...May 1...90 days of structured exercise.

Anyone else wanna commit to 90 days of structured exercise???????

Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
swedeville1
on 4/19/11 9:44 pm - Mount Pleasant, PA
Congratulations Pam!  I think you will enjoy it!  Don't be intimidated!  Just do your best.  Jen and I did "core synergistics" last night.  there were a couple of exercises in it that we really struggled with but we did our best and just remembered that even if we don't get the full effect from it at least we are "doing something!"  "Something" is so much better than sitting our asses on the couch all night.  Its a process and every little bit helps!  "Not perfection but rather perseverance!"  (I just made that up and I like that slogan)

Swede

HW=400  SW=383  CW=252  GW=240
Pounds to go=12!!!  Pounds Lost =148

Nicole0216
on 4/19/11 10:56 pm - Lancaster, PA
Don't you need to buy additional equiment for this program??? 

I am almost tempted to join you
Pam Hart
on 4/20/11 3:24 am - Easton, PA
Yes - some of which I had.  You need a set of dumbells or resistance bands and a pull up bar.  I had the dumbells from some other thing years and years ago before wls....so I got a cheaper priced one from amazon (also where I found p90x on for cheaper than wholesale - it's used but has all the dvds in it which is basically what I needed)

I'd be thrilled to have you do the actual program - but I was basically just looking for a committment of any form of structured exercise for 90 days - we could ALL benefit from that - and we have to like what we are doing to even contemplate keeping it a part of our daily routine.
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
(deactivated member)
on 4/19/11 11:19 pm
Ok, I will not do PX90 but I will commit to working out....I had May 1 as my back to the gym start date as long as my knee is in shape.

lynnc99
on 4/20/11 1:37 am
My daughter and SIL ordered PX90 and she loves it. Quite the workout, according to her! When she was in FL with me in February, she did the Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred and thought it was a good workout as well.

I am IN for the 90 days! I have actually started as of yesterday with daily exercise and need to keep that up. I do believe in a rest day once a week, but even then should be in decent shape to take a walk of a few miles or something light like that. Mine will be primarily classes at the gym - a high level water class, bodycombat, zumba, or jazzercise.

Great idea, Pam!
Cherish F.
on 4/20/11 6:07 am - Philadelphia, PA
This is a great idea Pam.
I'm in for some kind of excercise every day in May.
 Cherish
Consult Weight/ Surgery Weight/Current Weight/  Goal Weight, Reached 4/7/11!!
     294                     286.5                     165.5                     164

Full abdominoplasty & Breast Reduction/Lift - 4/9/12!

Even miracles take a little time. ~ Cinderella

deebatt
on 4/20/11 10:34 am - Imperial (Pittsburgh), PA
ok so the p90x intimidates me....call me a coward....heck any kind of exercise intimidates me lately

count me in for may 1st...  ive been needing some nudging and urging to get my arse to the gym and this will be just what i need to get on track
~ Denise 

Lisa H.
on 4/20/11 11:23 am - Whitehall, PA
I would love to challenge myself with the P90X, but I can't afford to buy it.  BUT, I did just sign up to be a running buddy for the Girls on The Run program that Siehara was involved with when she went to the Jewish Day School.  This means that I will be running along side a girl during the 5K so she has someone to encourage her and help her to complete the race. 

That being said, I need to get my butt in gear to make sure I can keep up with whomever they put me with.  I did sign up for a "slower" girl for 2 reasons.  1. to make sure I can keep up with her and 2. because I know how much encouragement Siehara needed and I want to be there for someone else in her shoes.  

My tracker

hers 

Pam Hart
on 4/20/11 8:34 pm - Easton, PA
Ok guys - sounds like a plan!

I'm not suggesting everyone does P90x.....just some sort of exercise for 90 days!  Whatever it is you want!

I'm generally a "take a day off" type of girl as well.  P90x is set up for 6 work outs a week and an optional stretching day.  Which is what I will be doing - and on my stretch days doing something "easier"....be it a walk, a spin class, whatever. 

This is gonna be a laugh riot - but hot darn it we can do it!

P
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1801 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1897 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2576 views