Friday, How I love thee roll call

Maura M.
on 5/12/11 9:12 pm - Yardley, PA
Goooood Morning,

Remember me, the girl that NEVER seems to make roll call!  Well Hi!  How are you all?  I am heading off to work and hope to get out at a decent hour, come home and have a fun night out in Philly tonight! 

Work is a bit stressfull as the takeover has everyone paralyzed in fear of what will happen and when or what won't happen and when.... it is like some people are just stuck - not moving forward or back - come on people, regardless, you are getting paid to be here!  Not sure what this will mean for my contract, hopefully I will last through it, but I am not hopeful, so keeping my options open (or should I say, exploring my options).

Have been decent about joining the daily excercise thread, at least doing SOMETHING daily, but I need to pump up my cardio for sure.

Coming up on 18 months (can't beleive it).

Yardwork is the plan for the weekend - getting annuals in the ground and slingin' mulch - woo hoo!!!

xoxo,

Maura
Maura

Lisa H.
on 5/12/11 9:18 pm - Whitehall, PA
 Looks like we were sharing brain waves, Ms. Maura.. I deleted mine...

So it's Friday the 13th.. I am really not a superstitious person so I'm not going to ramble on about how the day could go because of the date.  

It has actually started off not so bad.  I got some financial help from a couple of good friends  so I can pay the rent, Siehara was off to school on time with only a little bit of aggravation, and I AM OFF WORK TODAY!!!!!!!!!!   

I am going to the my PCP at 8:30 to talk about my ADHD tendencies.  Originally I was going to bring my computer BACK to my friend to have him look at it, but I can't see spending the gas money to go there.  I have the netbook so it's not like I don't have anything.  Plus he said it might be a memory problem so I am working on clearing out some of the crap that I have stored on here so we'll see if that helps.  

When I get back from the dr, a friend of mine is coming to spend the day with me.  I want to get to the gym at some point, probably this evening.  Siehara's friend is spending the night tonight.  They are going to Hershey tomorrow on a band/choir trip so her mom and I are splitting the weekend.  I get the girls tonight and will get them to school in the morning in time for the bus and then she will pick them up tomorrow night and keep them til Sunday.  It will work out great!

Hope everyone has a great day! Just remember it's Friday!!!  

My tracker

hers 

Nicole0216
on 5/12/11 9:26 pm - Lancaster, PA
Morning Maura and PA. Miss your face too.

I can barely move today after my training session yesterday. I really just want to work out to the point where I am tired and sweaty not to the point where I am nauseous and cannot move. Ugh.

Therapy last night went well. Got some more tools and information. She has a good way to holding a mirror up to me so I have to truly admit to myself, how bad things were, how much they affected me, and what work has to be done now. Trauma is trauma, no matter how minimal I HAVE BEGUN to believe it is over time. Still working on setting boundaries and getting people who are not safe out of my sand box. :)

Work today cannot be at the Brader Rally will be interesting to see what happes, there some be some anti Brader people there too.

No plans tonight, part of me just wants to get in the car and end up at some beach somewhere. But dont really have the time or $ and i always forget I dont live in Philly anymore and the beach is alot further than it used to be. Just need some peace and quiet.

Love you all hope you have a fabulous day
Lisa H.
on 5/12/11 9:56 pm - Whitehall, PA
I don't know Dr. Brader so I can't take sides, but I did see this on the main forum... 

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/amos/4385408/Surgeon-Fired /action,replies/topic_id,4385408/page,2/

My tracker

hers 

Nicole0216
on 5/12/11 10:37 pm - Lancaster, PA
small vendetta by one or two people.

There are always two sides to a story
Lisa H.
on 5/13/11 12:20 am - Whitehall, PA
Actually I think there are always 3 sides to every story.. my side, your side and the truth.   I just hope it all works out in the end for all parties involved. 

My tracker

hers 

dit657
on 5/12/11 9:41 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning all - didn't even realize it was Friday the 13th til I got to work - I am on such auto-pilot in the mornings. Hubby is home today so he and the dog were still asleep - lucky boys!

I'm at work - least favorite day of the week as it's my 'filing' day - ugh - and yeah Maura, they pay me to do it but I don't have to like it, right??

My weekend plans are going to be a wash-out, I believe - I wanted to get flowers and plants to put outside but it looks like rainy nasty weather this weekend, so I guess I'll do some inside spring cleaning - curtains, windows, baseboards - just call me Miss Excitement!

And that's about it for me today...enjoy the Friday, folks.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Patricia R.
on 5/12/11 10:10 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Maura,
I got home from Pittsburgh around 12:30 yesterday, and got dizzy as the afternoon progressed, and then got short of breath. I called doctor, who said to go to ER because of history of blood clots in October. Was too dizzy to drive myself, and could not reach family, so I called 911. Ambulance crew was wonderful. No clot. Turns out, coumadin level is way high, and sodium level is too low. I was already sick with upper respiratory issues when I left Michigan, so they told me to follow up with family doc.

Today is rest, clean a little in kitchen, and walk my dog day. Also, unpack suitcases.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

jastypes
on 5/12/11 10:43 pm - Croydon, PA
Good morning, my PA/OH friends!  Trish, hope you are on the mend.  I'm at work, as usual.  Might try another OA meeting tonight if my son doesn't want to use my car.  I feel like a walking miracle today for some reason.  I am blessed.

I have a plan, and I'm sticking to it:

B - bacon/egg/cheese wrap
S - apple with cheese
L - Lean Cuisine
S - pineapple
D - chicken and salad
S - banana

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

steffihope
on 5/12/11 11:02 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Maura who?  Wow - I miss you girl!  but you already know that! :)

I am at school, having technological difficulties - I am hopeful that this will post. Anyway, Not sure what today is going to hold.  My girlfriends grandmother passed away on Wed and today is the funeral.  I am not going, but I was originally going to go sit shiva later today, however, they are not sitting til Sunday, which makes more sense to Lisa, Beth and I, however, you all don't need to deal with THOSE details.  Anyway - I may head over to her house tonight if she wants company.  Otherwise, I want to get my nails done and I really have NO desire to spend the dinner "Witching hour" with the HAPPY HUSBAND....eye roll.....he is in one of his moods - so do NOT want to deal - and then send him off to work so I can ignore....I know, it is QUITE healthy...ha ha!

Hoping to have a friend over to watch the Phillies tonight.  Tomorrow will be a crazy Saturday.  Bar Mitzvah at 9 AM abot an hour away - oy vey.  Afternoon reception, take Molly to another Bat Mitzvah in the evening then Emily, Josh and I are headed to my BIL & SIL's house for my nephew's 18th bday celebration.....don't know when THAT happened!  Then to pick up Molly from the Bat Mitzvah and head to bed only to get up early for Hebrew School on Sunday......FML! 

That is where I am today!

Happy Friday y'all! :)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1798 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1890 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2571 views