Simple recipe - Easter Pie

lynnc99
on 6/28/11 9:26 pm
Now, the name of this has nothing to do with the actual di****'s not for Easter, and it's not pie. This recipe came from a man who conducts bariatric cooking classes in Huntsville AL. He and his wife are both post RNY (about 4 years out) and he is a caterer by profession.

I met them at a support group in FL - so this comes to you in PA from the Michigan girl who is in FL and got this Alabama recipe!

Anyway, it's (1) simple, (2) looks like cornbread when you make it, and (3) smells like Greek "OPA" flaming cheese. Very rich so a little goes a long way, but good protein content here for a side dish!

Easter Pie

1/2 c. grated parmesan cheese
1 15 oz. container ricotta cheese
2 8 oz. bags shredded mozzarella cheese
4 eggs

Mix all ingredients together in mixing bowl. Pour into 8 inch square baking dish sprayed with Pam.
Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
Cool slightly before cutting into squares - I made 12 squares but you could easily go with 16 from an 8" pan.
bvohl
on 6/28/11 10:26 pm
SOUNDS YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for posting!

Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

gmom62
on 6/28/11 10:54 pm - Clifton Heights, PA
Thanks Lynn.  I'd make this and freeze the cut pcs.  Warm them up in the microwave for breakfast!  YUMMY!!

Can't wait to try this.

Cyd

Cherish F.
on 6/28/11 11:24 pm - Philadelphia, PA
And when Cyd makes it, I"ll be trying it. Sounds yummy!
Hopefuly all the cheese will cover the egg and my pouch will let me eat it.
 Cherish
Consult Weight/ Surgery Weight/Current Weight/  Goal Weight, Reached 4/7/11!!
     294                     286.5                     165.5                     164

Full abdominoplasty & Breast Reduction/Lift - 4/9/12!

Even miracles take a little time. ~ Cinderella

Lisa H.
on 6/28/11 11:35 pm - Whitehall, PA
 sounds super easy and cheesy!!   I'm definitely going to try this one. 

My tracker

hers 

Laureen S.
on 6/28/11 11:50 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
This recipe was made in my family by my Great Aunt every year at easter time, she called it Pizza Rustica, and she made it in a pie crust and it usually had priscioutto (Italian cured ham) or pepperoni in it.  Many years ago, in part because the crust was a pain to make and in part because the crust was so fattening, I started making it in a non-stick pan and it is a recipe I have used a lot since weightloss as it is easy to make and chock full of protein, add fresh spinach, garlic pepper grinder and/or anything you like to make it your own speciality. . . 

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

apw0
on 7/5/11 2:04 am - Doylestown, PA
I made this earlier, and it's unbelievably rich, and cheesy, and just generally Y-U-M-M-Y!!
Does anyone know the nutritional information for this?

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1801 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1897 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2576 views